AWS FSI Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Lead SA, Australia & New Zealand
DESCRIPTION AWS is seeking a passionate and experienced technology GRC professional to work within the Australia and NZ (A/NZ) region to support AWS customers and partners to navigate the complex IT regulatory landscape and optimise their GRC strategy, approach and investment.
This role will operate with a high degree of autonomy and visibility. The ideal candidate will demonstrate their customer obsession by adding value throughout the customer lifecycle (business development, sales, implementation, operation and termination). Critical to this capability will be the ability to influence and earn trust at executive levels, to dive in to the technical details and a bias for action in translating intentions into activity for AWS customers and partners.
This position will have high visibility at senior levels, including frequent interaction with CIOs, CTOs, CROs, CISOs, Heads of Audit and AWS senior leadership. The position will act as the primary GRC advisory interface with AWS customers and will work closely with AWS A/NZ Sales and Solutions Architect teams, and the AWS business development and capture team. The candidate will already have and continue to foster key relationships and be able to interpret changes to policy, regulation and industry trends into prescriptive and actionable advice
Whilst initially operating in a focused and independent manner, this position is also expected to eventually grow the AWS GRC practice to operate at scale.
• Provide prescriptive advice and support to AWS customers, partners and internal teams throughout the customer lifecycle. This will include: customer focused GRC advice to business development and sales teams, definition/refinement of customers' Board and ExCo communication; defining/refining customers' GRC approaches and strategies; enhancing customers' GRC capability through optimisation of controls implementation, assurance and oversight; and assisting customers to safely exit AWS as required
• Work with AWS customers to resolve concerns and to improve their understanding of how GRC outcomes can be achieved while operating on AWS cloud through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations/recommendations and hands-on demonstrations of GRC within the AWS environment
• Partner directly with AWS customers to review and enhance their GRC approach and help them understand the implementation of controls operated by AWS to improve their overall GRC capability and assurance
• Assist work of functions within the AWS customers' three lines of defence, external auditors or advisors as needed
• Develop industry leading cloud GRC resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
• Understand and influence industry trends and events primarily in Australia, but also throughout the APAC region as it relates to Australian regulations and FSI market
• Develop and maintain personal relationships with key government, industry personnel and policy makers
• Keep the AWS leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields
• Experience in working directly with executives and senior management within A/NZ FSI market
• Experience in leading or supporting cloud adoption initiatives within A/NZ FSI market, particularly governance, risk and compliance activities
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in working directly with senior government officials, governance authorities, risk management functions, advisors, internal and external auditors
• Clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architectures
• Demonstration of innovative GRC approaches in non-traditional IT environments (cloud)
• Experience and proficiency in public speaking
• Familiarity with A/NZ procurement processes and developing relevant proposals
• Experience defining strategic roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance requirements and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
• Intermediate or better level of knowledge of certification requirements of an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) under the compliance programs such as APRA CPS231, CPS232, CPS234, NIST and ISO 20022.