Accounting Policy Senior Manager
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you" See yourself in our team
The Group Finance Accounting Policy team sits within Financial Reporting & Analysis in Group Finance. This role will participate in the execution of a high-quality accounting policy function. This includes building pro-active relationships with Group and Business Unit Finance and Risk teams and with external auditors, standard setters, regulators and peers.
Your responsibilities will be varied, ranging from advising on appropriate application of financial reporting to specific transactions, working with FR&A to deliver high-grade periodic external reporting, and delivering insightful Board reporting based on an in-depth knowledge of the Group's activities.
To deliver on outcomes, you will have extensive dealings with each of the CBA Group Business Units, as well as senior Finance executives and the wider FR&A team. Do work that matters
Due to the profile of the deliverables within the team, the role provides exposure to the EGM Group Finance, Business Unit CFOs and requires liaison with a number of finance and risk teams.
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Accounting policy advice on complex or judgemental accounting matters, significant transactions (including acquisitions, disposals) and general issues
- Assessing the impact of new accounting standards and assisting in their implementation for the Group
- Updating Group accounting guidance
- Working directly with senior management to resolve accounting and regulatory issues within the Group
- Delivery of Group Finance board papers
- Ensuring compliant disclosures for ASX deliverables
- Quality reviews of external documents, including Pillar 3, Annual Report and Profit Announcement
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions that we expect from our people.
- CA/CPA/ACCA Qualification
- Strong accounting policy experience and some regulatory capital experience (Pillar 3 reporting)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and ability to interact at the Executive management level
- Strong project management skills with ability to execute to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Experienced people leader with ability to develop and motivate a high performing team
- Banking experience is highly desirable
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 12/11/2020