Analyst/Associate, Asset Management (based in Sydney)
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- LaSalle Investment Management (SG)
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
Analyst, Asset Management (based in Sydney)
Analyst, Asset Management (Australia)
POSITION GOAL: Create and maintain cash flow models, internal and external reports and ad hoc projects to enable strategic planning in order to maximise investment and fund returns.
REPORTING: The position reports to the Regional Director, Asset Management (Australia).
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Fund Manager, Asset Managers, Acquisition Team, Finance Team
Analyst – Asset Management (Australia)
Reports to: Regional Director, Asset Management, Australia
· Support Asset Management team to maximise investment returns on assigned assets through strategic financial analysis, including maintenance of cash flow and returns models.
• Assist in the management and review of asset budgets, leasing programs and capex project implementation
• Review property financials to ensure accuracy and manage asset liquidity
• Review asset performance to strategic plans and budget
• Manage the valuation process and valuer relationships
• Manage and monitor debt coverage, amortization needs, etc to ensure covenants are met
• Modelling of leasing deals, capital projects, etc to ascertain impact on returns
• Assist with preparation of Strategic Plans
• Assist in review of acquisition underwriting and efficacy of acquisition cash flow models
• Assist with proposed dispositions consistent with hold/sell evaluation
• Assist in the disposition process through –preparation of financial information for information memorandum, disposition paper and compilation of data room materials.
• Modelling of commercial terms, sales contract etc with oversight and direction from Asset Manager and Acquisitions team
• Update and distribute monthly, quarterly asset performance, status reports
• Calculate quarterly NOI and cash yields for quarterly investor reports
• Prepare all investor and internal reporting as required
Asset Cash Flow Models
• Prepare quarterly asset cash flow models, valuation models and sell/hold models for review
• Review all models with Asset Manager and Fund teams
• Review models in connection with asset strategy and budgets and highlight any shortfalls, issues or proposed changes in action plan.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Fluency in English, bachelor’s degree in property economics, finance or related field, 2-3 years of asset management experience
• Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player, ability to interact with external and internal clients
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment to complete assigned projects
• Detail oriented with a focus on deliverables
• Real estate valuation and finance experience desirable
• Excel, Dyna and Estate master modelling experience essential