This fund is considered one of the top 15 global unlisted infrastructure funds in relation to funds under management. Target assets are core plus infrastructure in the mid cap to large asset size. As opposed to each localised team having pure focus on their local deals, depending on where the best deals are globally, the fund will utilise staff from the overseas offices to staff up deals including some work from their home office (ie overseas deals analysed from Sydney) but also meaning travelling to other offices, in this case more likely to New York, but sometimes Europe to assess and execute transactions. Overseas travel on this basis will usually happen at least once a year, often for over a month. Based on growth, they are looking to hire an Analyst into the team.
Responsibilities for the role include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute to potential investment / divestment activities
- Manage and/or build the bid/divestment financial model;
- Contribute to capital management and structuring decisions;
- Contribute to due diligence;
- Contribute to investment papers and governance approvals;
• Support the asset management function of the team
- Complete asset and industry specific analysis;
- Develop, review and maintain sophisticated financial models to ensure value added decision making;
- Preparation, analysis and review of asset valuations;
• Support the investment management function of the team;
- Contribute to fundraising activities;
• Contribute and promote thought leadership and best practice analysis;
- Contribute to conference presentations and areas of research;
For this role we put quite a high value on someone who has had some financial modelling and/or transaction exposure within infrastructure. This is an Analyst level role which tends to suit someone with 2-3 years of experience (within the below fields). We will consider fractionally more or less experience however it is likely progression to Associate will approximately be 12 months. Likely backgrounds of applicants will be from M&A, Deals modelling, Infrastructure Advisory, PPP advisory, Project Finance.
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
JON MICHEL EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Jon Michel Executive Search was established in 1997 to provide search and selection services to the financial, professional services and corporate sectors. The firm’s clients include commercial banks, investment banks, fund managers, insurance companies, private equity firms, stockbrokers, private equity backed companies & sophisticated investor groups, professional firms, as well as a select group of blue-chip corporates.
Areas of Specialisation
Corporate & Investment Banking | Advisory | Global Markets | Risk Management
Funds Management & Alternative Investments
Corporates & Government
Executive Management – C-Suite
Marketing & Communications