Asia Pacific Tax Innovation and Client Service Manager (Sydney/Melbourne)
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- EY Australia
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Our global Tax practice is one of the world’s most globally coordinated tax practices, with a network of more than 50,000 professionals in 28 regions dedicated to setting the standard for exceptional client service. Our Tax practice is organized across geographic areas and business lines
Our global Tax practice is one of the world’s most globally coordinated tax practices, with a network of more than 50,000 professionals in 28 regions dedicated to setting the standard for exceptional client service. Our Tax practice is organized across geographic areas and business lines to deliver services seamlessly to our clients. Our people and global resources are able to help clients develop and execute business strategies quickly and effectively, with strong accountability and governance.
Our tax professionals combine agility, diverse thought, tax technical depth and the power of technology and analytics to provide exceptional value to clients. In a rapidly-changing business and tax environment, we develop dynamic leaders who, through innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit, make a positive impact on the working world.
Your key responsibilities
- Support the commercialization of new ideas into market offerings
- Drive internal awareness of new offerings to open new sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities arising from changing market conditions or market needs and develop innovative solutions
- Collaborate with the Asia-Pacific Tax Innovation team on projects, campaigns and other development activities
- Build internal networks to enable all of the above
Skills and attributes for success
- A proactive working style, able to work independently to build networks and work remotely with virtual teams across multiple countries and time zones.
- An interest in global business trends and ability to identify innovation or client service opportunities arising from those external triggers.
- An interest in innovation, an awareness of innovation methodologies and/or experience in taking new ideas to market.
- A questioning mind, adaptability, a willingness to learn and a confident presentation style.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 4 - 5 years of corporate experience, ideally in a client facing, business development or innovation role
- Proven ability to work with diverse and/or virtual teams
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability and willingness to work in a fast paced environment and to balance conflicting deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A general understanding of professional services or the business of tax consulting would be desirable but is not essential. Note that detailed tax technical knowledge is not required.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make things happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve, expand or disrupt current client offerings. If you’re passionate about building a culture of innovation, incubating and commercialising our fledgling ideas and turning them into real solutions for clients, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.