- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Mainstream Group Holdings Limited
- 12 Feb 18
Mainstream Group Holdings Limited (ASX: MAI) provides fund services underpinned by investment in people, processes and technology. We provide administration services to over 750 funds, more than 105,000 investors and assets in excess of AUD $133 billion. Globally we employ more than 220 people, with operations in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, United States, Cayman Islands, Ireland, Isle of Man and Malta.
5 reasons to work
- Growing company with lots of opportunity for career progression and further promotion.
- Work directly with pre-eminent fund managers and industry leaders.
- Well regarded fund administration experts, from end to end.
- Central location with regular social events.
- Invaluable on-the-job learning and study support.
- Our Clients Come First
- Get it Right, First Time
- Prioritise People
- Be Solution Focused
- Work as One Team
Details about the role
About the role
Mainstream Group is currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Fund Accountant to join our Fund Accounting team. Reporting to the Team Leader, Fund Accounting this role will be responsible for supporting our Fund Accountants in delivering financial services to our clients. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your accounting experience in a client driven and fund/investment environment where you will be supported to develop your accounting career and deliver outstanding service to our clients.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Assist for preparation of ICR calculation and monitoring
- General ledger reconciliations for Managed Inv. funds/Property funds
- Prepare month end accounting reports – profit/loss and balance sheet
- Calculation of periodic tax distributions for Managed Inv. /Property funds
- Preparation of BAS returns and assist with Tax returns
- Half Yearly and Yearly Financial statements for Managed Inv./Property funds
- Assist with requests/requirements from Auditors & internal/external clients to resolutions
- As hoc project work to improve processes and procedures
- Assist for ASIC and ABS returns and queries
This role will suit an accounting professional with 1-3 years chartered experience. You will need experience in working with clients and delivering to their deadlines. A strong passion for further developing your career and technical knowledge is a must. You will be someone who learns quickly and can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.