- Competitive Salary
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- Mainstream Group Holdings Limited
- 19 Apr 18
Mainstream Group Holdings Limited (ASX: MAI) provides fund services underpinned by investment in people, processes and technology. We provide administration services to over 750 funds, more than 105,000 investors and assets in excess of AUD $133 billion. Globally we employ more than 220 people, with operations in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, United States, Cayman Islands, Ireland, Isle of Man and Malta.
5 reasons to work
- Growing company with lots of opportunity for career progression and further promotion.
- Work directly with pre-eminent fund managers and industry leaders.
- Well regarded fund administration experts, from end to end.
- Central location with regular social events.
- Invaluable on-the-job learning and study support.
- Our Clients Come First
- Get it Right, First Time
- Prioritise People
- Be Solution Focused
- Work as One Team
About the role
Mainstream Group is currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Fund Accountant to join our Fund Accounting team on a 12 month maternity cover contract. Reporting to the Team Leader, Fund Accounting this role will be responsible for supporting our Fund Accountants in delivering financial services to our clients. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your accounting experience in a client driven and fund/investment environment where you will be supported to develop your accounting career and deliver outstanding service to our clients.
Key areas of responsibility include:
· Assist for preparation of ICR calculation and monitoring
· Assist for payment processing and monitor the off-shore ICR calculations
· General ledger reconciliations for Managed Inv. funds/Property funds
· Prepare month end accounting reports – profit/loss and balance sheet
· Calculation of periodic tax distributions for Managed Inv. /Property funds
· Preparation of BAS returns and assist with Tax returns
· Half Yearly and Yearly Financial statements for Managed Inv./Property funds
· Assist with requests/requirements from Auditors & internal/external clients to resolutions
· As hoc project work to improve processes and procedures
· Assist for ASIC and ABS returns and queries
This role will suit an accounting professional with 1-3 years-chartered experience or solid accounts payable experience. You will need experience in working with clients and delivering to their deadlines. A strong passion for further developing your career and technical knowledge is a must. You will be someone who learns quickly and can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.