Associate/Senior Associate, Employment Law, EY Law - Sydney/Melbourne
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
- Opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility early in your career
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
Our leading Employment Law team is growing and if you are interested in working somewhere where new ideas are welcome, you gain global exposure across multiple jurisdictions and help to solve client issues with the use of digital law technology then read on! Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing high quality employment compliance advice to clients (both in Australia and internationally)
- Reviewing and interpreting awards, enterprise agreements and employment legislation.
- Drafting interpretative rules for awards and enterprise agreements
- Conducting BOOT analysis for compliance projects in relation to awards, enterprise agreements and legislation
- Advising and representing clients in relation to employees under payment of employee entitlement matters
- Advising clients in relation to employee classification under awards and enterprise agreements
To qualify for the role you must have
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- A detailed understanding and demonstrative knowledge of Australian employment law
- Excellent client facing skills and strong commercial acumen
- Flexible approach to work and excellent rapport building skills across all levels
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in an Australian top-tier, mid-tier, boutique employment law firm or Big 4 legal practice of approximately 3-10 years PQE
Who are EY Law?
- Strong data analysis skills
- Advanced level of excel and ability to assimilate and configure large data set s
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which is an international law firm with offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. EY Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 2200 lawyers across 80 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY's international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost-effective service.
We work closely with our assurance , tax , transaction and advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Learn more about EY Law here What working at EY offers
Who we are
- Formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- Career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- An extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $87,000 including 9.5% superannuation.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation .