Associate - Platform Solutions Team, Wealth Management
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management provides full service to clients investing in global and domestic equities, fixed income, derivatives and broader wealth management services including financial planning, margin lending and managed funds investments.
An exciting new opportunity exists for an Associate within the Platform Solutions Team, based in Sydney and reporting to the Head of Investment Solutions.
With more than $10bn in assets under management the platforms business contributes approximately over 40% of the firm’s revenue. The Platforms team is responsible for overseeing our global investment platform, PWM, and internal wrap products (both discretionary and non-discretionary) and external wrap products (including BT, AET and Macquarie).
There is significant management focus on providing complete wealth management solutions and empowering our Financial Advisers to provide the best possible solutions to our clients. Morgan Stanley’s Global Investment Platform is a key differentiator and a key area of growth and therefore this role is critical to the firm’s future success.
• Oversight of internal and external domestic wrap platforms
• Provide product support to Financial Advisors and Client Service Associates
• Creation of Training material and delivery of training
• Product risk oversight with particular focus on the discretionary platform offering
• Competitor analysis and product comparisons
• Monthly dashboard reporting to board level
• Overseeing preparation and maintenance of marketing material and PDS documents.
• Vendor and stakeholder relationship management.
Ensure the business unit maintains the ethical standards contained in the Company Code of Conduct
Ensure the business unit adheres to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements
Key Business Relationships
The incumbent will be required to work with stakeholders across the organisation including: Financial Advisers, Marketing, Business Management, Risk Management, Trading, Operations, Management, Legal and Compliance.
Key Competencies / Skills
• Knowledge of the Investment platforms market.
• Knowledge of Global Investment Operations and custody fundamentals
• Knowledge of Equities, ETFs, Managed Funds, Hybrids. International equity and SMA experience is also desirable
• Understanding of client reporting; specifically CGT, annual tax reporting and performance
• Knowledge of relevant regulations applicable to domestic wrap products (desirable)
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
• Confident in dealing with a large range of demanding stakeholders, including Financial Advisors
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills
• Client focused with the ability to build rapport at all levels
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work autonomously and to prioritise tasks where required.
• Solutions orientated
Qualifications / Experience Required
• Tertiary qualifications
• Industry recognised education preferred (e.g. ASIC RG 146 compliant)
• Proven experience within a Wealth Management firm or wrap platform provider
• Previous exposure to wrap products
• Track record in providing client solutions and driving sales