- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 18 Feb 18
Associate, Compliance Control Group
Associate, Compliance Control Group
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17072451
Citi is more than a global financial services company. It's an engine for progress. Join us, and you'll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We've built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
The Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) Control Group is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the Firm's various information barriers or 'Chinese Walls' which operate between the Firm's public and private side businesses, which are designed to prevent the misuse of material non-public information ("MNPI") or inside information and ensure compliance with internal policies, external regulation and legal requirements.
The team is responsible for identifying potential conflicts of interest and following close analysis and discussion, taking action to avoid conflicting activities between the Firm's various businesses. The team also provides advisory support in relation to regulatory requirements to business employees across Asia Pacific, including research analysts, investment bankers and sales & trading staff.
We currently have an Associate level role available within the Compliance Control Group team. The role offers exposure to a wide number of equity research and corporate finance products enabling the job holder to develop a sophisticated understanding of the business functions and the relevant legal and regulatory environment.
As the role develops the job holder will gain increased autonomy and benefit from wider analytical responsibility and the appropriate application of and advice in relevant law and regulation.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- Minimum 1 to 2 years working experience in financial institutions with a background in Legal/Compliance
- Control group / investment banking / research / markets compliance experience preferred
- Educated to degree level preferably in economics/law/finance or similar.
- Self-starter who can identify problems and develop solutions with limited recourse to the rest of the team
- Work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-confident and able to prioritise own work flow and assist with the priorities of others
- Highly computer literate
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy, and accurate and efficient turnaround of tasks and projects
- Willingness to assume responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Good organisation skills, time management, ability to work to deadlines
- Flexibility to react to changing priorities including working extra hours when required
- Punctual attendance
- Ability to work effectively under pressure