Associate Director - CFO Advisory (IFRS, technical accounting)
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Feb 18
See job description for details
- CFO Advisory â€" a centre of finance and accounting excellence
- Provide expert advice on technical accounting and IFRS implementation
- Professional development and career-building opportunities
KPMGâ€™s CFO Advisory practice combines deep industry knowledge with technical accounting excellence, and partners with CFOs and finance teams to help them meet the challenges of a complex and evolving business environment. Leveraging our firm wide expertise, CFO Advisory offers services including: transaction structuring and support, finance function integration, quality close and reporting, finance process improvements and accounting standards interpretation and implementation advice.
Your new role:
With continued growth in our CFO Advisory team, we are now seeking an experienced Senior Manager or Associate Director to join our Sydney practice. With a specific focus on providing technical accounting advice under IFRS, you will support and drive our strategy by -
- Managing the delivery of implementation projects for new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 15 Revenue and IFRS 16 Leases) with our clients. This includes technical accounting support, project management, and embedding change across finance functions to cater for the new reporting requirements
- Building and maintaining key client relationships, identifying opportunities for continued growth, developing propositions and contributing to business development initiatives
- Project manage engagements including key client deliverables, drafting client reports and presentations, liaising with senior leadership and external advisors
- CA (or equivalent) qualifications with a strong accounting and/or audit and assurance background gained in Professional Services
- Strong understanding of the AASB/IFRS framework with experience in implementing accounting standards changes (IFRS 15 Revenue and IFRS 16 Leases preferred but not essential)
- A commercial and analytical mindset with complex problem solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and present your ideas with impact to clients and other key stakeholders
- Experience in leading teams and providing training and guidance to build performance
- Project management skills including experience in making strategic decisions across multiple engagements
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online including resume and cover letter. For further information, please contact Jessica on 02 9455 9871.
Advertised: 01 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 01 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time