Associate Director, Local Large Corporates, Global Banking
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
HSBC's global capabilities and footprint allow our Global Banking teams to provide a single coverage point for leading Australian and Global Corporate clients. Offering vast expertise and local knowledge, especially in emerging markets, Global Banking products and services have been designed to meet the global financial needs of our clients, whatever and wherever they are.
Australia is a priority market for HSBC's Global Banking business and we are currently seeking a highly qualified individual to join the team in the role of Associate Director, Local Large Corporates (LLC), Global Banking. Reporting to the Head of LLC.
The LLC client base comprises some of Australia's leading top tier ASX200 public companies with a diverse range of sectors. The LLC portfolio encompasses a wide range of relationships covering Real Estate, Healthcare, Consumer, Metals & Mining, Industrials and Telco. HSBC supports its clients across Australia, Asia, US, Europe and the Middle East. The client portfolio is geographically diverse, demanding the highest level of tailored solutions and coordinated support with our global colleagues. Your main responsibilities will include
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need
- Managing client relationships as a GRB including all aspects of relationship planning /strategy, assessing credit & lending opportunities, coordinating across all key product teams & geographies
- Managing day to day requirements of LLCs portfolio including excess management, KYC and management reporting
- Working across several client portfolios with senior coverage bankers as well as working closely with other team members to grow long term relationships with key clients
- Delivering tailored solutions across credit & lending, transactional banking, working capital and trade finance, FX, interest rates, lending, syndicated & acquisition finance, debt capital markets and innovative financing structures/capital management
- Maintaining a high level of risk management quality across the relevant portfolio, mitigating including credit, operational, legal and financial crime risks
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that transactions are balancing risk and return, are in compliance of both internal and external requirements and safeguarding the bank against any material loss
- Develop and maintain effective and beneficial relationships with International colleagues and stakeholders
- Extensive experience working in corporate and institutional banking
- Motivated and engaged with desire to grow their career
- Able to work both independently as well as contribute to projects involving a range of stakeholders
- Confident in expressing their opinion and substantiating this with supporting factors
- Able to form effective relationships and exercise influence both internally and externally
- Tertiary qualified
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.