Associate Director / Director – Principal Investments Real Estate
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
Leading Real Estate Investment Manager. Real Estate Debt & Equity focus. Melbourne or Sydney based
- Leading Real Estate Investment Manager
- Real Estate Debt & Equity focus
- Melbourne or Sydney based
Our client is well regarded, leading specialist investment management firm with an exceptional and significant track record investing in real estate with, and for, their clients. They invest equity and debt across the entire property spectrum, including core, opportunistic and value-add strategies. Due to continued growth they have a newly created position for a talented and experienced Associate Director / Director to analyse and execute new principal investment transactions.
Based in either Melbourne or Sydney, you will be an integral member of this growing team, hit the ground running with a roll-up-the-sleeves up mentality (common in the team), with the ability to work across the full transaction cycle. Your responsibilities will include:
• detailed and complex risk analysis of real estate investment and development projects
• cash flow/feasibility modelling and analysis
• preparation and negotiation of joint venture term sheets, heads of agreement and funding proposals for potential clients
• transaction execution including review and negotiation of legal documentation and coordination of accounting/tax teams
• asset management and reporting
• assisting with transaction origination of development deals.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor's/Master's degree in Business, Commerce, Law or Property is preferred but not essential
• A minimum of 7-10 years real estate finance or investment experience gained within property banking team, boutique property financier, investment banking firm, fund manager or development group
• Track record of investing and managing real estate transactions preferably of an equity or preferred equity in nature
• Diverse technical skills across financial and feasibility modelling, working knowledge of real estate classes and capital structures, due diligence, and legal documentation
• Strong commercial skills and the ability to 'think outside the box' when analysing and structuring transactions;
• High attention to detail and a passion for real estate
• The ability to work on your own initiative
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
You will be an ambitious professional and thrive in a merit-based, collegiate environment – and now seeking to further develop your career in this specialist asset class. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly motivated and successful group of people.
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
Initial enquiries in strictest confidence to Michael Lee on (03) 9653 8620 / email@example.com, or Patrick Everest on (02) 9235 9440 / firstname.lastname@example.org