Associate Public Sector Solution Architect - Amazon Web Services, NSW
• Do you like helping customers solve difficult technical problems?
• Are you great with people?
• Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies?
• Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches?
• Do you thrive for the chance to be consultative while leading technical direction?
• Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a public sector Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS cloud services within strategic accounts.
The Solutions Architecture team owns the on-going technical relationship with customers. Your broad responsibilities will include working with other SAs on technical engagements, implementing demos and PoCs, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad knowledge of how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess communication skills that allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive technical discussions with customer stakeholders, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Build demos and PoCs
• Own technical direction and design, and help ensure a timely and successful engagement of customer technical staff or AWS partners for implementation
• Advocate for the customer within AWS. Engage other AWS experts where necessary and drive the AWS roadmap to meet customer requirements.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community
• Provide thought leadership through public presentations and production of technical materials
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems. Basic Qualifications
• Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse set of customers ranging from small organizations to large enterprises. Expect to help our customers design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most interesting challenges in computing.
• Have a strong understanding of computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in the computing industry. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new skills.
• Use your hands-on experience to build demos and PoCs in one or more of the following technical areas to support transitioning public sector customers to AWS: security and compliance, container technologies, serverless compute, machine learning, big data and analytics, databases, networking connectivity to AWS, software development and infrastructure architecture. Preferred Qualifications
• Computing Science or Mathematics background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
• AWS Certifications
• Background in working with the public sector
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status
**Please note, if your application is successful you will be contacted by email regarding the next steps. Please check your Spam/Junk Mail box**
To all Recruitment Agencies: AMAZON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AMAZON employees or any other company location. AMAZON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.