Associate Solutions Architect - Territory (Sydney)*
The Solutions Architects in the AWS Territory team help thousands of new and existing businesses embrace technology to help them innovate, reduce costs, improve efficiency and deliver new sources of growth.
• Do you love tackling new business challenges using cutting edge technology?
• Do you have a history of creatively solving traditional business challenges?
• Can you do it at pace and at scale?
Then we'd love for you to join us!
Your broad responsibilities will include delighting customers by solving technical problems using AWS services, developing and delivering technical workshops and customer-facing events, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in teams at fast-moving companies within the tech industry; customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel; as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. S/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
• Help ensure timely and successful delivery of projects
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services, follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js21xKMFdww Basic Qualifications
• describe a recent technology project that you built for fun?
• explain how you decide which tech to use to solve a given problem?
• outline the key decisions you'd need to make when designing a distributed and scalable system?
• whiteboard architectures for highly available, secure systems?
• walk someone through the benefits and drawbacks of a microservices architecture?
• run through the differences between various version control systems?
• explain what a CDN is and what value it offers for users?
• describe what the difference is between ALB and ELB?
If you answered "yes" to at least four of the above, we want to talk to you! Preferred Qualifications
• Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
• Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent