Branch Administration Manager
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
See job description for details
POSITION SUMMARY/OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, product and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
The primary role of the Branch Administration Manager is to manage and lead the Client Services Associates and Administration support staff. The role includes administrative, operational and compliance responsibilities as delegated by the State Manager and Head of Branch Administration. Another key function of the Branch Administration Manager is to co-ordinate the Sydney Wealth Management division, having key input to projects and implementing and maintaining processes; regularly liaising and assisting numerous key stakeholders including Financial Advisers, Product Managers and Senior Management.
• Supervise and lead the administration staff including hiring, training, performance and development
• Assist the management team with confidential compliance and surveillance processes
• Answering administrative queries
• Review and sign off approval of account documentation
• Understand and enforce client on-boarding requirements in line with current AML/CTF, KYC regulations, legal and compliance regulations.
• Review and approve asset transfers, including cash and stock.
• Establish and maintain relationships with other internal stakeholders and departments and third party product providers
• Participate and facilitate department cross-training as required
• Participate in process development initiatives to increase efficiencies
• Proactively notify / escalate any issues to operations, compliance and/or management and where necessary communicate to front office providing a solution and timeframe for resolution.
• Knowledge and understanding of branch procedures and processes in line with Branch Manual and other important compliance manuals. Reviewing and updating these procedures as necessary.
• Manage and coordinate Corporate Actions and IPO’s with a high level of accuracy
• Maintain the Branch calendar and events
• Coordinate client events, seminars and company presentations
• Monitor and assist in preparing analysis for management review including expenses, finance data, FA client retention, brokerage discounting, error statistics etc.
• Assist with coordinating the leave process within the branch and ensure that accurate records are maintained
• Assist the management team with audit processes and required action including follow up of debtors, preparation of files for account reviews
• Manage set up of FA / CSA registration requirements within the Branch
• Maintain understanding and implement policy and regulatory changes
• New hire setup and orientation
• Processing employee departures.
• Assist with providing orientation to newly hired employees
• Optimize the support resources and associated infrastructure in the branch to drive efficiency and better client outcomes in front-to-back administrative systems and processes
• Sharing best practices and benchmarks with all Morgan Stanley Wealth Management branches
• Welcome and assist visitors in the branch
• Ad-hoc projects as requested by management
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Company Code of Conduct.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
• People management
• High attention to detail
• Strong literacy and numeracy ability
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organisational skills
• A fundamental knowledge of financial advice process, markets and industry
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Display a high level of resilience and strong ability to prioritise tasks
• Display strong leadership qualities
• Ability to influence and motivate individuals/teams
• Strong decision making ability
• Goal-oriented with demonstrated drive and initiative
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Finance, Business or Management focused degree preferable but not essential.
• Recognised industry studies preferred but not essential
B. Description of minimum work experience required for this role
• Experience within a similar role or extension understanding of role preferred.
• Experience managing people and coordinating an office
• Experience within wealth management or financial planning highly desirable.