Enterprise Business Solutions Senior Analyst
Investment Manager Services
Enterprise Business Solutions Manager
Roles Reporting to this Position:
Enterprise Business Solutions Analyst
Purpose of Role:
State Street’s (STT) Middle Office service is a rapidly growing business globally and in the APAC region. As a result of a new client win, STT is looking to bring on a talented operations business professional to be part of their Enterprise Business Solutions Team (EBS), responsible for end-to-end oversight of Information Delivery to our clients.
Be part of a global team on a market leading product that interacts with the Client and multiple internal STT parties globally in identifying issues and managing to completion. A key part of the role will be to initiate and maintain sound working relationships not only with processing teams within Investment Management Services but also with Heads of other STT areas, e.g. Technology, Shared Services, Fund Accounting, Custody and Client Services.
Develop your skills in data management and technology as our product strives to be leading edge in a market that demands more and more in this arena.
Perform key Recordkeeping functions. Ensure client file deliveries are tracked, with pro active management to avoid delays. Liaise with colleagues within the USA, UK, Australia, China and India State Street divisions globally where required for query resolution. Build automated control checks to ensure data consistency and integrity pre and post information delivery. Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries. Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries. Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting). Assist in the set up and transition process of new client accounts. Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models. Work independently to research and resolve issues. Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to STT management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution. Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries. Review and ‘sign off’ internal Change Specification Documents impacting Enterprise systems and assess client impacts. Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements. Provide Subject Matter expertise for system architecture queries and changes.
Work Parameters or Boundaries (e.g. Internal Procedures):
Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Senior Management Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times.
Level of Education:
Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience
Previous Level of Experience:
- Asset management or Funds Services experience, including investment operations.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
- Excellent technical ability
- Team leader experience preferred
Skills - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Experience in writing SQL
- Experience with ESP and understanding of data metamodeling preferred
- PC literate – Strong Word and Excel skills necessary.
- Experience in writing SQL preferable
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Flexible working hours may be required.