Business Analyst - International Payments
12 months secondment / fixed term opportunity
See yourself in the team
- You are self-driven, proactive and a go-getter
- We are a diverse team operating in a fast paced, complex and dynamic environment
- Together we are enhancing the domestic and international payments solutions to customers.
Within the Everyday Business Banking team, the Payments team, is responsible for managing and enhancing the domestic and international payments solutions to all customers segments. We also manage the international correspondent banking network for the Group. Your impact
Your primary contribution will be to assist with managing the risk and opportunity improvement opportunities in the International Payments product team. This will include process improvements to how customers access the Global Cash Manager product, and a strong emphasis on the product's pricing structure, including remediation activities.
The project will also encompass an end to end review of the product value chain and involve changes to processes and controls to ensure proper risk management of the International Payments product portfolio. You will have the awesome opportunity to collaborate closely with a variety of teams including product, frontline, digital, risk, operations and analytics in order to drive business outcomes. In this role your focus will be to take ownership of a project and drive it to completion through:
What are we looking for?
- Project Management: Project manage remediation projects such as Global Cash Manager and improve existing processes across the International Payments value chain in line with project delivery timelines.
- Stakeholder Management: Engage and collaborate with stakeholders across the Bank to analyse, validate, document and communicate business requirements Risk: Support product managers implementing actions required to close outstanding risk issues whilst uplifting controls as appropriate.
- Analytics: Work closely with the Analytics, Data and Decision Science team to analyse, segment and develop key business insights which can be presented in a meaningful way to the Bank's stakeholders.
- Process Improvement: Provide recommendations for product and process improvements to ensure appropriate controls are in place.
Our team skilfully and effectively manage remediation activities along with product enhancements in a highly complex and fast pace environment. We're interested in hearing from people who have a solid understanding of Business Banking and Institutional Banking and how they operate. To be successful you will have;
- A risk mindset -to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to present to a variety of audiences in different environments
- Hands on experience with CommSee and MS Excel will be highly regarded.
- Sound knowledge of the Financial Services industry
- Exposure to Payments products will be a huge advantage
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and the ability to apply logical thinking
- The ability to handle and prioritise multiple issues at the same time
- Sound planning and time management skills
With the willingness to learn, share and collaborate, you're someone who effectively partners with others to deliver an outcome. If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 30/10/2020