Business Support Manager / Junior Business Manager - Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory
Citi, one of the world's largest financial services companies, does business in more than 160 countries and has over 200 million accounts globally. Citi provides corporations, institutions, governments and consumers with a broad range of innovative financial products and services.
Citi's Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA) business leverages the breadth of Citi's global network to provide mergers and acquisition (M&A), equity-related strategic financials solutions, debt capital raising and comprehensive relationship coverage to over 1,000 corporate and institutional clients across Australia and New Zealand.
Our multi-national team work as 'one' with the world's most ambitious and enterprising people, businesses and institutions to responsibly enable their economic progress and growth. We do so by providing meaningful connections to the right people, product and service wherever required in the world.
The BCMA Business Support Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This role is an integral part of the BCMA Business Management team covering all operational and administrative aspects of the business. You will have exposure to a wide variety of tasks, as well as interaction with the local BCMA leadership team, multiple Line 2 functions and APAC BCMA Business Management team. This role would suit someone who has future career ambitions of becoming a COO, and will give you exposure to the end to end running of a business unit. Key responsibilities include:
- Financial and management reporting:
- Pipeline management
- Budgeting / forecasting
- Expense management
- Headcount tracking
- Client management (such as: client planning, prioritization reviews, call reporting)
- Management of Continuity of Business process
- Management of Document Retention process
- Assisting with multiple local, regional and global management presentations
- Assisting with annual Franchise Review process
- Assisting with Operational Risk governance (where required)
- Assisting with the development of internal communications (such as Monthly Newsletters)
- Coordination of award pitches
- Becoming a key contact for any internal process queries
- Being a sounding board for junior bankers (and escalating issues before they arise)
- 5-7 years' Financial Markets / Banking experience (ideally in a similar role)
- Strong Microsoft skills across Excel (pivot tables / lookups minimum), PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish good working relationships and manage stakeholders at all levels
- High attention to detail & methodical approach
- Ability to coordinate multiple conflicting deliverables / ability to prioritize (and reprioritize where required)
- Ability to think outside the box, challenge the status quo and continuously search for improvements
- Ability to identify issues before they arise
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree (Finance preferred)
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Administration Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting