- Based on experience
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 22 Mar 18
CIB - Custody Middle Office Representative - Associate
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. It provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
The global businesses of the Corporate & Investment Bank is organised into two main groups: Banking and Markets & Investor Services. Banking includes Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Treasury Services, and Markets & Investor Services includes Fixed Income, Equity Sales & Trading, Prime Services and Securities Clearing.
J.P. Morgan Investor Services (IS) is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. IS leverages the firm's global scale, leading technology and deep industry expertise to service investments around the world. Locally, the IS business has a strong market position, ranking first in total assets under custody.
The Custody Fund Services Middle Office Team are responsible for ensuring all aspects of operations for clients are completed, transactions are processed on time, exceptions are resolved proactively; provide single point of contact team and subject matter expertise to the clients. Middle Office covers trade instruction capture, settlement; fail management, cash instruction capture, projections, overdrafts, asset servicing instruction capture, dividends, foreign exchange, collateral, derivatives lifecycle management and bank loans.
- Provide our clients with excellent client service
- Speedy resolution of queries
- Help drive and understand the firms client strategy
- Know your client so that you can proactively manage expectations and anticipate queries
- Build professional working relationships with your clients to better understand their behaviour, requirements and motivations
- Identify and escalate any gaps in team governance to ensure we operate in a controlled and robust environment which is constantly improving
- There may be the requirement to travel for client visits
- Identify technology and process issues and gaps and working with Strategy and other internal stakeholders ensure we get resolutions for our clients.
- Monitoring and resolution of risk indicators to ensure that both J.P. Morgan and the client are aware of any issues that may have an adverse financial or reputational impact
- 3+ year experience in Custody Business and/or portfolio servicing environment or other securities related industry.
- Strong financial markets product knowledge and understanding of the transaction lifecycle in Custody and/or
- Subject matter expertise in Equities, Fixed Income, FX, Collateral, Derivatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including taking the initiative to drive change and enhance controls
- Candidate must have a control focused agenda, and a thorough understanding of program/project risk