Chargebacks Process Manager
The Chargeback Process Manager provides operational subject matter expertise (SME) to the Chargeback and other payment channel dispute processes. The incumbent will ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness through an in-depth understanding of the Chargeback rules and the systems that support Chargeback processing internally and externally to the bank. The individual will provide direction to both the Onshore Support team and the Offshore Chargeback teams for managing their interactions towards a positive client experience while mitigating the risk of loss to the Bank. Responsibilities:
- Perform in-depth evaluation of basic operations and business processes, family procedures, and industry standards for business supported to identify and resolve complex problems
- Influence decisions through advice and counsel as well as facilitate services to others in area
- Serve as an analytical and/or procedural expert, representing a unit or team on cross function operational processes and project deliverables
- Liaises with multiple teams across the Operations department
- Coordinate and contribute to initiatives that support the goals of the Operations function and overall business
- Assume informal and formal leadership role within team as well as coach and train new recruits
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Deep understanding of Chargeback operational processes and their relationships across the organisation both onshore and offshore.
- Knowledge of Citibank products, policies, and procedures relating to Chargeback operations is desirable.
- Understanding and knowledge of the platforms and systems that support the Chargeback process.
- Understanding of project management principles
- Experience in working with multiple sites and stakeholders/vendors.
- Previous experience in process and vendor management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability and experience working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi has entered into an agreement with NAB to acquire its consumer bank in Australia which includes residential mortgages, deposits, and unsecured lending.
The sale is expected to complete in March 2022. As this is a role to work in Citi's consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi, but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a NAB (or) a new entity that will employ Citi's consumer bank employees, prior to their transfer to NAB. Job Family Group:
Operations - Core Job Family:
Operations Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting