Chief Operating Officer
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Chief Operating Officer
Join this rapidly expanding tech company reporting into the CEO to help them scale both nationally and internationally
Having been established by highly successful serial entrepreneurs this business is looking for a strong COO to take the business through the next stages of growth. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and well funded start up business with entrepreneurial spirt, without the risk found in most small companies. You will be working with some of the industries best to take this company through significant growth with ambitious plans for national and international expansion.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the CEO you will have responsibility for defining the vision and experience for customers, creating a roadmap for future customers and engagements. You will take this roadmap for success to ensure the business has a repeatable, scalable process to implement products across key clients. As COO you will have to think outside the box and propose and deliver creative solutions while having the structure and attention to detail to implement processes as they are required alongside the day-to-day operations activity. Your focus will be on driving success through developing operational processes to continuously improve the efficiency and productivity of the team. Success in this role will bring strong opportunities for future career growth as the service rapidly scales.
Your skills & experience:
- Experience working in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment on demanding projects, while balancing day-to-day operations
- Experience implementing a new product, managing the customer and product team relationship
- Experience running technical/software related projects (implementing, onboarding users, scaling client engagements)
- Experience working closely with technology teams both internally and externally
- Experience taking an established start-up business through significant growth
- Ability to set up operational systems and processes to scale a business whilst respecting the entrepreneurial spirit of the organisation
- Experience developing a product centred B2B company
- Ability to sequence business systems and processes according to size and maturity of business, with planned step changes through different growth milestones
- Experience managing commercial outcomes through planning, negotiation, implementation and testing
- Process improvement mindset, looking for simplification and automation where possible
- Celebrate success whilst striving for longer term goals
- Ability to question and challenge experienced founders for the benefit of commercial outcomes
- Comfortable 'rolling your sleeves up' in the early stages to deliver on business goals
- Strong commercial mindset
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change
- Passion to deliver a positive experience to customers and value to the business
To register your interest please send through a copy of your resume in word to Dominic Bareham via the link below.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.