Chief Technology Officer - Unloan (Part of X15 Ventures)
CTO - Unloan (part of X15 Ventures) Permanent Position
- Unloan is a new kind of home loan provider - built for mobile and backed by Commbank
- We believe home loans should be simple to understand, easy to get and better to live with
- Our mission is to create Australia's most loved digital home loan.
Unloan's hands-on leadership team is responsible for shaping our strategy and culture; and growing a successful business that achieves our mission.
We love dreaming up better products and experiences, and delivering an outstanding service to our growing customer base of happy humans. Your Impact
As CTO you will create and evolve Unloan's high quality mobile/web app and digital-first business systems; and oversee modern security measures for the benefit of our customers and our business.
Your engineering team will love working productively with the modern development practices, clean technology stack and API-first platforms that you've architected and assembled.
Your entrepreneurial mindset will ensure Unloan makes smart decisions about how best to deliver customer value efficiently; what to develop vs leverage or configure; and which emerging technologies we should invest in for competitive advantage. Core Responsibilities Lead Technology Strategy and Systems Architecture
Lead Software Delivery and Platform
- Architect and evolve Unloan's core tech stack for mobile and web apps - optimizing for developer experience, innovation and security.
- Architect and evolve Unloan's Business Systems stack for customer management, customer interactions, process management, marketing automation and data analysis - optimizing for user efficacy, business automation and security.
- Architect and evolve Unloan's Financial Systems for loan origination and decisioning, account management and services, payments processing, card management and financial reporting - optimizing for digital enablement, process automation and security.
Manage Technology Operations & Security
- Build and coach a capable and effective developer team, using the optimal blend of internal engineers, remote engineers, and system specialists/partners.
- Maintain a modern development process that supports efficient development and testing, with inbuilt quality and security checks for shipping to production.
- Collaborate with Product and Design leaders to shape and execute Unloan's product roadmap.
- Collaborate with Product and Operations leaders to streamline business processes and increase automation in customer servicing and loan operations.
What We Need
- Develop and evolve effective instrumentation of user experience and systems performance.
- Implement and evolve monitoring and alerting systems; an effective response capability; and appropriate DR and BCP capabilities.
- Establish and evolve Unloan's patterns for 'security-by-design' in development and production environments; and oversee Unloan's SecOps capability
- Understand CBA Group/X15's security requirements, and gain support for appropriate changes or allowances that better enable Unloan's digital-first business model whilst achieving risk outcomes
A hands on, influential leader with a track record in mentoring, developing and inspiring a high performing team of Engineers. You will have a history of promoting an inclusive culture where colleagues are engaged and that they feel proud to be part of.
You've architected or managed enterprise technology stacks that span CRM, MarTech, Financial and Data systems; are adept at evolving and managing cloud-first security frameworks; and have a working knowledge of modern mobile/web application stacks, ideally React Native and GraphQL.
You take an entrepreneurial approach to technology strategy and planning - seeking ways to deliver value more quickly whilst keeping our technology stack as simple as possible for our engineering team to understand, evolve and innovate.
Demonstrable stakeholder management skills will also be required, as someone who will champion modern fintech-appropriate technology approaches, managing conflicting priorities, and always be striving for smart outcomes. What Now
This is a highly rewarding, career minded opportunity that will lead you on to great things. With a supportive management structure and a fantastic work / life balance which offers flexible, full time, part time and job share work arrangements, the CBA will, in return for your skills and passion, offer you a challenging, varied and enjoyable opportunity and the autonomy to shine.
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. If you are seeking a new challenge, then please don't delay and apply now.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 03/04/2020