The Data Center Global Services (DCGS) team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Civil Engineer to drive design, construction and implementation of enterprise data center campus, which meet strict quality and performance levels.
As a Civil Engineers, you will work directly with our Design Engineering and Construction teams within your assigned region. You will be the engineering representative on behalf of the Data Center Engineering Team responsible for the successful delivery of projects.
Civil Engineer will assist in data center site selection, preparing due diligence report, site planning and development and delivery of data center environments regionally, which maintain the highest performance standards.
Successful candidates will be strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The DCGS business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required tasks. This includes working with many of the internal groups within Amazon as well as external consultants and developers.
- Communicate conceptual designs and create/maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
- Develop and maintain design standards, design prototypes, and template specifications for related to site design.
- Coordinate with Due Diligence teams to determine site selection criteria and review Due Diligence reports.
- Create, review, and release design RFPs.
- Manage our external civil/structural/architectural design consultants through the design and construction process.
- Review designs for grading, storm water, utilities, and pavement.
- Coordinate with internal and external MEP design engineers.
- Effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
- Manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously.
- Think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
- Travel for site assessments, internal design meetings, construction review, and interfacing with authorities having jurisdiction. Anticipated travel is approximately 25%. Basic Qualifications
- Accredited Bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
- Ideally +7 years civil engineering experience on large industrial, warehouse and commercial projects.
- Solid working proficient in related civil design software such as Civil 3D or equivalent.
- Solid working proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, Navisworks, sketch up and MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standard including Local and international standards.
- Proficiency in grading, paving, storm water, utility design and landscaping.
- Solid understanding of local standards and council design standards Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience in civil design for large campuses including Data Centers, Telecom facilities, or Power Substations
- Australian professional civil engineering accreditation (CPENG, NER).
-Expertise in traffic designs and report, transport facilities.
-Motivated, dependable, and capable of working with limited oversight.
-Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
-Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find innovative solutions
-Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously.
-Ability to travel internationally
-Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
-Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation