Client Implementation Associate
The primary role of the Client Implementation Associate is the coordination and efficient implementation of all stages of the business changes implementation and new business installations for SSGA in Australia. You will also support the administration of the KYC and AML program for SSGA Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. The role will also include some project and continuous improvement work streams.
You will report directly to the Head of APAC SSGA Investment Operations. You will interact with various key stakeholders including the broader Investment Operations team, the Client Relationship Managers, the Client Service team, Portfolio Managers and third parties provider to ensure coordination and timely completion of business changes and new business implementation. Key Accountabilities
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Processing change events across clients managed by SSGA Australia, which include new mandate installations, ISDA account maintenance, in-specie coordination, client terminations and custodian changes
- Ensure accurate client set up on all internal systems
- Support to review new mandates and products to ensure you have an understanding of the inherent risks involved
- Support the AML/KYC office to ensure the SSGA businesses in APAC ex Japan are compliant with the State Street Global AML and Sanctions Policies, AML and Sanctions BU Standard Operating Procedures ("BU SOP") and the Global KYC matrix requirements.
- Support the AML/KYC office to ensure KYC is timely completed for all SSGA APAC ex Japan entities both before onboarding and at periodic reviews and event driven reviews.
- Oversee the collection, storage of KYC documentation and completion of KYC checklist accordingly.
- Support the AML/KYC office to review transaction monitoring reports and detect any unusual or red flag activities.
- Participate as required to ad-hoc new business implementation projects
- Follow a Risk excellence framework by undertaking regular reviews of operational procedures and controls and adhering to the error reporting process
- Periodic business metrics reporting
- Bachelor's degree required
- +2 years financial services experience, KYC/AML experience a plus
- Team player and self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Strong communications and organisational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database application
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. We employ a diverse group of investment professionals within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.