Client Service Representative, Senior Associate
This is a varied position with a high level of responsibility within the Client Servicing team within Investment Manager Services in Sydney Australia. This Client Service Senior Associate will act as a primary contact point for all local IMS institutional clients. The team is responsible for monitoring service delivery to client’s, proactive management of service issues and the resolution of all client initiated queries.
The Characteristics of this role are:
- Provide a high standard of client servicing / support to our clients
- Effectively communicate with clients custodians managers and peers within State Street.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem obtain and evaluate information and reach sound conclusions
- Be a key contact for the client in escalations and complex market questions
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate dedication to group and company goals
- Demonstrate professional maturity and effective time management
- Embrace State Street’s “corporate values” and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Establish strong working relationships with the client and the internal operations teams providing services for local clients
- Ensure all client inquiries are logged and resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Ensure all daily and monthly services are delivered in accordance with relevant client SLA’s.
- Provide Fund Accounting Oversight for daily pricing processes.
- Assist with producing monthly MIS/KPI reporting across all clients
- Participate in regular client service reviews
- Project initiatives – involvement with regards to future automation within the department as a whole with a direct objective of increased efficiency accuracy and productivity.
- Contribute to team initiatives around audit and risk management
- Track daily activities and generate reporting for management review.
- Assist Operations Team Leader with complex client relationships/requests.
- Cross training across all Client Service functions in the team.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience in working with middle office, fund accounting and/or custodian environment either in client service or operations roles
- Must be organized and able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines showing a demonstrated ability to handle multiple activities and prioritize work effectively.
- Must demonstrate highly professional behavior when dealing with all key stakeholders
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the risks involved in the processes and reflect this in their approach to work prioritization
- Must be flexible often dealing with ad-hoc queries from clients.
- Must be pro-active and a problem solver
- Must be responsible and take ownership of all allocated tasks
- A team player
- Willingness to learn
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven track record in a client service environment and/or operations based experience with some client contact with a minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Solid understanding of the Investment Management industry and associated processes related to settlement, corporate actions, security valuations etc.
- Finance or Accounting degree would be an advantage
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear concise and professional manner
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize under pressure