Client Service Specialist, Associate2
Who we are looking for
As a Global Services Client Service Representative you will provide direct client service support to internal and external clients, investment managers and central support teams to ensure timely and error free processing of and facilitate the resolution of problems related to complex events. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Specialist you will
What we value
- Be the first point of contact for Investment Managers as the face of State Street
- Provide inquiry and operational support to internal and external clients on complex, high risk asset servicing functions.
- Proactively engage with, resolve a broad range of questions for, and carry out processing work to resolve a variety of requests for internal and external clients.
- Engage in exception resolution process; pro-actively resolve inquiries and exceptions on a case by case basis by working with functional teams and State Street colleagues.
- Perform operational tasks as necessary.
- Track and conduct research using internal and external sources to respond to, and resolve, complex inquiries and issues.
- Maintain accurate records of research, follow up and client interaction.
- Liaise with the operations teams to solve processing problems. Identify the need for escalation of issues.
- Proactively identify service issues with client facing impact and bring them to the attention of appropriate parties for resolution.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced Client Service Representatives.
- Initiate communication to clients on complex asset servicing matters.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Good knowledge of asset servicing and global custody operational processes and systems.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in custody, fund accounting and/or transaction processing.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers