Client Services Operations Specialist, Associate 2
With more than 31,070 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
Overview As a Global Services Client Service Representative you will provide direct client service support to internal and external clients, investment managers and central support teams to ensure timely and error free processing of and facilitate the resolution of problems related to complex events.
- Be the first point of contact for Investment Managers as the face of State Street
- Provide inquiry and operational support to internal and external clients on complex, high risk asset servicing functions.
- Proactively engage with, resolve a broad range of questions for, and carry out processing work to resolve a variety of requests for internal and external clients.
- Engage in exception resolution process; pro-actively resolve inquiries and exceptions on a case by case basis by working with functional teams and State Street colleagues.
- Perform operational tasks as necessary.
- Track and conduct research using internal and external sources to respond to, and resolve, complex inquiries and issues.
- Maintain accurate records of research, follow up and client interaction.
- Liaise with the operations teams to solve processing problems. Identify the need for escalation of issues.
- Proactively identify service issues with client facing impact and bring them to the attention of appropriate parties for resolution.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced Client Service Representatives.
- Initiate communication to clients on complex asset servicing matters.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in custody, fund accounting and/or transaction processing.
- Good knowledge of asset servicing and global custody operational processes and systems.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.