Cloud Engineer – Database Administrator (DBA) for Analytics
• Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud organization
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work, subsidised mobile phone allowance
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. . AWS is seeking talented engineers who enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have a technical background from a variety of different fields including database design and optimization graph databases, and data warehousing. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, a Cloud Engineer might thoughtfully work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues. As an Analytics engineer our customers will depend on your knowledge in Redshift, Neptune and Quicksight.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Our Cloud Engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice into the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role! Select a working week that works for you, working Sunday through to Thursday or Tuesday through to Saturday. Go forth and have the work-life balance you have always dreamed of!
A suitable candidate would be someone who is extremely customer focused, who could multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers resolve their complex technical issues.
What do we like about working at AWS Support......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2nv6lBK2o Basic Qualifications
• Experience administering databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
• Strong Operating System administration experience (Linux or Windows)
• Experience with Application level troubleshooting
• Database performance tuning, troubleshooting, and optimisation
• Comfortable in an ambiguous, ever changing environment
• Ability to work either Sunday - Thursday, or Tuesday - Saturday Preferred Qualifications
• Some experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization etc.
• Experience working with large Cloud platforms or Virtualisation platforms(AWS, Azure, VMware)
• Experience working in Large Enterprise, Public Sector, or with vendor managing, and/or maintaining large scale Enterprise systems.
• Exposure to security concepts / best practices
• Scripting / Programming experience in database related fields
• Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
• Experience with distributed data warehousing
• Experience scripting or developing in python or Java
What if I'm not an expert in all the basic or preferred qualifications listed on the job description.....
Here at AWS as we have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.