Cloud Support Associate - 2020 or 2021 Graduates
DESCRIPTION Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We have a team of talented engineers located in a number of countries around the world and are growing rapidly.
We are seeking people with a strong technical aptitude and an innate hunger for knowledge. Do you have a broad understanding of networking concepts and protocols (HTTP/S, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, NAT, VPN, routing protocols)? Can you work on the Linux command line or Windows' PowerShell? Are you comfortable with installing and setting up a web server on Windows or Linux? Do you want to help customer leverage the power of Big Data? AWS Support might be a great place for you.
You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use ground-breaking technologies
• Field and manage technical customer issues via phone, chat and email
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
• Create knowledge articles, videos and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
The AWS Support team has a variety of sub-teams to best serve the needs of our customers. These include: Networking, Linux, Windows, Deployment, Databases, Developer & Mobile Services, Storage & Content Delivery, Big Data, Analytics, and Security.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's or Masters degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (2020 or 2021 Graduates only)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Have strong customer focus & multi-tasking skills
• Self-starter who is excited about technology
• Ability to troubleshoot a network using basic troubleshooting tools
• Open to working one weekend day per week (as part of an offset five day week) with flexible starting times between 7AM and 10 AM
This position is open to current ANZ citizens/current Australian PR holders/Candidates with sufficient Australian working rights for this role
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
• One or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
• One or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS)
• One or more scripting language (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, ebextensions)
• Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
• One or more version control platform (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Exposure to Virtualization (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
• Understand the complete deployment lifecycle from design, build, test, deploy
• Support / Troubleshooting experience
What if I'm not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That's okay. That's our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.