Cloud Support Engineer - Developer and Mobile Services
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in technologies. As a member of the AWS Premium Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The target start date of this position is in early 2020.
The AWS Premium Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields. This role supports AWS mobile technologies (Cognito, Device Farm, Pinpoint, etc) and Serverless technologies (Lambda, API Gateway, Step functions, etc). Mobile Services and Serverless Architectures are some of the fastest growing areas of technology and we're excited to help developers innovate and deliver amazing experiences. Our support engineers are responsible for helping customers utilize all services offered within AWS. They also act as the "voice of the customer" to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. If you're experienced with mobile or web application development and you are more comfortable "getting your hands dirty," then we're looking for you!
Why AWS Premium Support?
• Variety: Support engineers not only work a broad spectrum of technical issues but also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvements
• Follow-the-Sun Model: With support sites in over 7 locations globally Basic Qualifications
Experience with one or more of the following areas:
• Spark, HDFS, Map-Reduce, Zookeeper, HBASE, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Yarn, HTFS, Sqoop, Python, shell scripting
• Deployment/ - Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology; Git/Perforc/SVN/TFVC; Chef/Puppet/Docker/Jenkins/Ansible; Apache Tomcat,/Nginx/Glassfish/JBoss/Puma/IIS; Bash/PowerShell/Ruby/Python/ebextensions
• Linux Systems Administration - Linux/Unix (Ubuntu/CentOS/RedHat/Solaris; Networking; IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring
• Networking - DNS; IPsec; BGP; Load Balancing; Configuring & software-based (IPsec & SSL) VPN solutions; experience with devices -Cisco/Juniper/SonicWall/ Fortinet,/Checkpoint,/Palo Alto/Yamaha
• Security - Information security (application security, cryptography, threat modeling, penetration testing); web security and compliance (Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention, PCI, HIPAA, FIPS, etc.
• Windows Systems Administration (Windows Server versions 2003-2012R2; Networking/DNS/TCP/IP)
• Able to work Tuesday to Saturday OR Sunday to Thursday
• Excellent oral and written communication skills - customers contact us via calls, chats, and email.
• Troubleshooting experience Preferred Qualifications
• Degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
• Extensive experience in building or web and/or mobile applications
• Proven experience with services based on REST APIs / SDKs
• Experience with Administration with (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange)
• Experience with Networking and (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related)
• Demostrated experience building/debugging full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Experience of leading professional development projects
• Experience working with services
• Exposure to mobile and web application security best practices
• Exposure to mobile application testing/automation (Selenium, Appium, etc.)
• Experience working with identity providers (i.e. Login with Amazon, Facebook Connect, OpenID, etc.) / OAuth
• Experience with push notifications, APNS and GCM
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.