Co-Head of ESG and Portfolio Manager – Funds Management
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
Leading global fund manager is looking for a global Co-Head of ESG Research and Portfolio Manager. Can be based in Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong, London.
- Drive ESG Research with ability to make ESG impact market wide
- Act as Portfolio Manager on ESG Fund
- Corporate Interaction on ESG Issues
- Role may be based in Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong, London
Global leading multi product fund manager is seeking to hire a global Co-Head of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) for their fund products globally, covering Australian and global equities, and fixed income. This role is a high profile role within the fund manager acting as co-portfolio manager on single stock ESG Australian equities fund. This team is a growing function of this fund manager with the view that this will grow. This fund manager wants to be a market leader in ESG with the ability to influence outcomes directly through the large amount of capital that they represent.
Reporting into the Global Head of Equities your role will be:
• Co-lead the ESG investment research team and undertake research in the identification and analysis of key investment related ESG and sustainability issues for companies and sectors.
• Co-lead and coordinate the engagement with companies on ESG issues.
• Engage in broader industry and government policy on ESG and sustainability issues.
• Engage with in-house investment teams on integration of ESG issues into investment processes and analysis.
• Act as external marketing interface on developing ESG capability and Funds, including co-manage the Australian Equity ESG Funds and also work with other teams' marketing and through social media.
• Client relationship and reporting, including providing ESG oversight and client reporting and marketing for any Australian Equity ESG specialist funds
• Along with the other Co-Head of the ESG team, manage and develop members within the ESG Investment Research team
We require a senior ESG professional with experience working both within an investment context and interfacing with corporates on ESG issues (not necessarily requiring fundamental stock picking experience but with a good understanding how ESG affects portfolios within the investment context). This role will be required to be involved in the local and overseas ESG community, being actively involved in conferences, forums and potentially the media, so we would require an individual who is comfortable in those environments. This role may also suit a fundamental Australian equities portfolio manager who has had strong ESG exposure.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mischa Bennett on (02) 9235 9430 / email@example.com or Jon Michel on (02) 9235 9410 / firstname.lastname@example.org