- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 19 Oct 17
Collections Operations and Change Manager
Collections Operations and Change Manager
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations Credit Ops
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17057981
Citi is more than a global financial services company. It's an engine for progress. Join us, and you'll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We've built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
Within the context of Citibank's values that set standard for "how we achieve business goals" and corporate and regulatory controls, provide leadership and line management to the Collections Operations team to deliver upon the planned Delinquency and Credit loss numbers while ensuring a positive customer experience and motivated people. The current unsecured portfolio across products includes CitiCards, Ready Credit, Personal Loans, Virgin Cards, BOQ Cards and Suncorp Cards is $5.5 billion and annual Net Credit Loss target >$200MM.
The role includes migrating and managing a new Collections portolfio by provide strategic direction to Collection team to deliver upon the planned delinquency and Credit loss numbers.
The goals are to be achieved through proactive analysis and strategic solutions to mitigate the possible risks and achieve better outcomes. Additionally, the role requires close partnership with internal/external stakeholders drive business priorities/outcomes
- As a senior leader of the Collections team, the incumbent is expected to help migrate a recently acquired white label portfolio and further manager the portfolio post migration.
- Management of portfolio will entail operational management designed to optimize delivery on the following
- common Collections goals:
- Net Credit Losses
- Loan Loss Reserves
- Operational Expenses
- Improving Customer Experience and minimizing complaints
- Driving the agenda and initiatives for improving the Voice of the Employee surveys
- Minimizing Regretted staff attrition
- The Collections Manager, will also:
- Manage portfolio which lead to Citibank Australia meeting or exceeding best practice in terms of unsecured portfolio performance
- Develop and implement strategies for pre-charge off collections that will mitigate possible risks and assist in meeting NCL/Roll Loss
- Represent Collections in Projects/Initiatives that have a direct/indirect impact on operations/processes
- Develop processes, procedures and strategies, which lead to Citibank Australia meeting or exceeding best practice in terms of recovery of written off accounts
- To effectively manage the areas within Collections in partnership with the Collections
- Manager for Onshore and Offshore teams which include:
- Optimizing productivity and quality
- Operation of the Unit in accordance with the operating policies and procedures
- Compliance with all internal and external regulations.
- Offshore Management
- Maintain an understanding of technological developments for Collections, forming and submitting recommendations as appropriate
- Promote digitization/new technologies available in the market
- Lead the implementation of all relevant credit/risk policies as defined in the policies and procedures manual and the Global Consumer Credit & Fraud Risk Policies manual
- Implement appropriate strategies for 0-179 DPD accounts and written-off accounts
- Utilize MIS and quality checks to drive results and adherence to standards
- Develop and implement metrics and MIS to manage people and processes - take preemptive and corrective action as appropriate.Lift productivity and results in all areas
- Establish appropriate financial targets for Collections and ensure consistency and predictability in results
- Robust forecasting to identify risks and provide early solutions to mitigate the risk/s
- Have a detailed knowledge of relevant Citibank products, systems and processes.
- Manage controllable costs in line with business plan and forecasts.
- Ensure high level employee morale in the team with clear communication and reward mechanisms
- The successful candidate will be strong leader with exceptional management skills in collections / call centre environment
- The Collections Strategy Manager will be an excellent individual contributor with proven skills and competencies of influence, relationship building and program management skills
- They will have the ability to lead transformational change and will have the experience and interpersonal skills to collaborate with and influence a range of business partners
- Solid consumer collections/recoveries experience gained in a retail bank, card company other retail financial services institution or debt collection agency. Exposure to retail banking products (e.g. credit cards, personal loans) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience likely Demonstrated strong understanding of the debt management and collections/credit lifecycle
- Planning & organizing skills
- Sound knowledge of Debt Collections Guidelines, Privacy Act, Consumer Credit Code, Bankruptcy law and Banking Code of Practice
- Understanding of the people and change management issues unique to the collections environment
- Strong analytical skills in addition to strategic and lateral thought processes
- Likely to be degree qualified in a relevant business discipline
- Ability to innovate and conceptualize solutions based on MISExperience
- Understanding of Australia Citibank products and systems would be an advantage
- Experience of BPO industry would be an advantage
- At least 12 months previous relationship management experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications desirable