- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
See job description for details
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Build a long term career across the broad areas of our business
- Enjoy significant responsibility in an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
An exciting opportunity for an experienced, commercially-focussed lawyer has arisen in KPMG's in-house legal team, the Office of General Counsel (OGC).
Your new role: The OGC deals with all legal matters for KPMG. Your role will include:
- drafting and negotiating general contracts and commercial agreements;
- providing legal advice in relation to tender documents;
- drafting and advising on service agreements;
- assisting with acquisitions and alliances;
- liaising closely with the business, external counsel and global member firm stakeholders;
- reviewing new products and service offerings; and
- providing legal guidance in relation to KPMG's rapidly growing and evolving businesses, including its technology solutions offerings.
You bring to the role: Ideally we are looking for someone with post admission experience with a leading law firm and/or in-house environment. You will have:
- a current practicing certificate;
- post admission experience with a leading law firm or in an in-house environment;
- significant commercial legal experience;
- strong drafting and negotiation skills;
- the experience and determination necessary to implement new methods of dealing with existing issues and processes;
- strong written and verbal communication skills and experience building relationships with internal clients at all levels;
- project management, research, analysis and problem solving skills; and
- a flexible, adaptable and team-orientated attitude, as well as the ability to operate independently as required and proactively manage competing priorities.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues, and we use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 15 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time