Company Secretary - Corporate Governance & Secretariat
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
The Company Secretarial function leads, develops and manages corporate governance throughout the Group, providing support and advice aligned with our governance framework. Taking on the role of Company Secretary, you will be the principal advisor to the Board of Directors, leading and managing all aspects of corporate governance. In doing so, you will be building and maintaining relationships, at the highest levels, with key internal and external stakeholders. Your main responsibilities will include:
Qualifications To be successful in this complex and diverse leadership role, you will have:
- Managing Board, Board Committee and EXCO meetings to implement world class Corporate Governance practice.
- Working closely with the most senior decision makers of the organisation, having responsibility for proactive and direct liaison with the Independent Chair and Non-Executive Directors, and senior EXCO stakeholders.
- Providing end-to-end Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance advice, guidance and support to the Board, Board Committees and senior management.
- Being the liaison with APRA and the regulatory authorities on Corporate Governance matters.
- Advising and managing all aspects of governance and regulatory fillings of HSBC entities, including managing company listing if required.
- Ensuring company records comply fully with the required regulatory requirements and are properly kept for all entities.
- Advising on legislation and regulations pertaining to Corporate Governance matters.
- Advising on legal entity management and corporate transactions/arrangements for HSBC entities and subsidiaries.
- Providing leadership and developing of staff in the CG&S function to build a succession talent pipeline.
- Being a role model for HSBC values and business principles to create and inclusive and engaging culture where people are valued for who they are and what they contribute.
- Overseeing and managing the department's plans, budgets and resources.
- Streamlining and improving processes and procedures to deliver efficiencies with the function
- Supporting the Regional CG&S Head to deliver and implement the Group CG& S Strategies and projects rolled out to all subsidiaries from time to time.
- Company secretarial, legal or other relevant professional qualifications. Extensive experience of working in a Corporate Governance & Secretariat function with executive and non-executive directors in a banking environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Corporate Governance principles, including driving high quality governance standards, via credible and practical experience.
- Proven ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels. Have good communication and verbal to develop strong working relationships.
- Strong communication and organisational skills, with the ability to work independently, under pressure across multiple competing priorities.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong lateral thinking/problem solving/creativity, creating innovative solutions for continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to lead, influence and execute in a challenging and constantly changing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the HSBC Group and/or a similar large and complex organisation.
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.