Consultant, Operational Risk
Operational Risk Consultant #CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
As our first line Operational Risk Consultant, you will conduct risk identification, review, mitigation and reporting alongside business owners aligned to the IAG Risk Management Strategy, Risk Management Framework and Risk Appetite Statement.
This role is a visible advocate for driving risk maturity uplift and improvement in operational risk culture within the division. A critical success factor for the role is the ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively within IAG to influence a practical understanding of operational risk. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience
- Strategy - Supports the implementation of the Risk management strategy, Risk frameworks and methodology for Australia to increase operational risk maturity across business units
- Customer - Provide assurance on customer interactions to ensure they receive products or services aligned to the correct processes and policy information
- Uplift Risk Maturity via targeted first line risk support model with the Risk Champion and Risk Advisors to ensure the business is operating within risk within appetite
- Undertake control testing for all risk, compliance and assurance plans, create remediation plans and track actions to resolution, reporting on progress to the business
- Facilitates risk profiling activity along the operational risk leads and managers with the business unit leaders
- Triage of reported incidents and breaches and working alongside the incident owner for action and resolution
- Works with business unit owners to provide mitigations and plans including coaching, workshops and other activity, including oversight and development of Business Continuity Plans, Compliance Plans, Fraud Control Plan, Assurance Plan,Others as necessary
- Analytical thinking - knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organisational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business
- Global Perspective - Knowledge of issues, opportunities, and challenges for conducting business in the international marketplace; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Insurance Industry - Knowledge of the insurance industry's trends, directions, major issues, and regulatory considerations; ability to apply insurance knowledge and experience into various business environments.
- Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Strong relationship and engagement building capability, ability to communicate effectively
- Strong collaboration effort required as well as demonstrated ability to be a proactively self-manage
- Tertiary qualification/s in Economics /Accounting / Finance / Law or related fields desired
- Understands key parameters and decision factors in managing risk effectively (essential)
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We are open to applicants from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. Applications close Friday 21st February 2020. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.