Corporate Development – Capital Investments
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
One of Australia’s largest logistics businesses, seeking an Investment Manager to join their Sydney team.
- Drive a corporate focus on investment returns
- Strong interface with private equity owners
- Sensible work life balance culture
This private equity owned corporate is one of Australia’s largest logistics businesses. The Investment and Valuation Management team supports the business in its decision making regarding the investment, allocation and prioritisation of capital investment to meet the strategic objectives. The team also focuses the business on shareholder value through understanding the IRR/returns profile of all capital expenditure (be it large maintenance initiatives, asset purchases or asset development). This is a high profile team with constant interface with their private equity owners. This individual will have a key role within that and be part of a small group including the head of this team, the CEO, CFO, COO and divisional heads. There is potential for this individual to be aligned with equity or other alignments over and above base salary and bonus.
This individual will be involved in the analysis of various proposals, reviewing the project through its execution, understanding any issues/changes. Central to individual projects is maintaining the strategic objection of the business.
Reporting to the Head of Investment Valuation & Management your responsibilities will include:
- Playing a key role in the development of business cases to analyse potential new investments (potential examples being: redesigning or developing of logistic hub assets to increase efficiency or output; developing new transport technology to increase client profitability and/or transport efficiency) with a focus on IRR/Returns from all investments.
- Oversight of financial modelling and scenario analysis with some involvement on inputs through to developing the presentation for the Head of Investments & Valuation, the CFO and with the external equity holders.
• Developing an implementation plan for initiating the business cases.
- Involvement in the implementation plan of proposals and then execution of the project ensuring the project is in line with budget and returns are above the hurdle rate.
- Interface with senior management and business unit managers to understand new opportunities for investment and for existing projects.
- Manage the preparation of expenditure/investment reports/budgets including analysis of any variance to budget and overall 5 year planning process related to projects above.
We will consider candidates with experience from global bulge bracket or leading global independent investment banks or unlisted infrastructure funds or similar unlisted funds (potentially private equity). Total experience is likely to be between 5-10 years.
All applicants must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
For further information, please contact Mischa Bennett: (02) 9235 9430 / firstname.lastname@example.org