Credit Risk Analyst
RBS Retail Products Credit Risk develops and implements credit strategies for all Unsecured retail credit products including Credit Cards, Personal Loans and personal Overdrafts. These strategies span the entire consumer lifecycle from pre-marketing to customer management, including collection of overdue amounts. The team also provides advice and oversight to business teams managing Unsecured Lending.
Within this team, Retail Collections Strategies develops and continually evolves strategies that assist Customers facing challenges to fulfil their credit commitments, including collection of overdue repayments or facing financial hardship.
Key purpose of this role is to develop and own collection strategies for all retail credit products including Home Loans, Personal Loans and Credit Cards.
Key deliverables for this role includes undertaking analytical deep dives on current portfolio performance; generating insights and identifying opportunities to improve our collections strategies; strategy development, monitoring and reporting and providing advice to internal stakeholders. You will also liaise with stakeholders in other areas to provide risk advice. Skills and Experience
- Preferred background in Credit Risk, Analytics, or Data Science with a Financial Services organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in using data manipulation and statistical analysis tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, Tableau) to convert large data sets into easily consumable and insightful reports and business recommendations;
- Demonstrated experience using data to derive, justify and implement hypothesis driven strategy optimisation;
- Experience in formulating and communicating ideas to senior management;
- Experience in change management, workflow management, and managing risk to the highest degree of compliance and governance (including documentation);
- Prior experience in project roles within a financial institution is highly regarded but not essential
- Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Maths, Actuarial studies, Engineering or Science) is preferred;
- Proficiency in SAS / SQL and Excel is necessary for the role;
- Ability to work with large data sets, and understand interactions between relevant data is necessary for the role;
- Sound business acumen supplementing excellent communication skills and an appreciation of the importance of positive customer experiences;
- Either an understanding of or a desire to understand how credit risk strategies can drive profit generation.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 29/11/2020