Data Scientist Manager / Senior Manager, Decision Modelling & Analytics - Melbourne & Sydney
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with iconic government and industry clients
https://www.ey.com/au/transformativeage The opportunity
We are looking for a Data Science Manager or Senior Manager to join our Decision Modelling & Analytics team in Transaction Advisory Services (TAS), Valuation Modelling & Economics (VME) practice. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
As a Data Science Manager / Senior Manager, you'll play a key role with our clients, providing high quality strategic, operational and financial advice in relation to clients' capital agenda issues, opportunities, projects and strategic initiatives. Throughout all projects, you will leverage your understanding of advanced analytics to provide value-adding insights to support decision making and solve a broad range of commercial issues.
In our friendly, collaborative environment, you'll receive the support, learning and coaching you need to accelerate the career path you choose.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you'll have a primary focus on performing advanced analytics to provide commercial insight for our clients. You'll spend your time delivering a wide range of engagements including decision support analytics, transaction analytics and other applications of complex analytics. In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop and share sector specific expertise in a number of industry sectors aligned with your experience and interests.
Skills and attributes for success Required
- Develop and maintain contact with decision makers at key clients
- Use data to solve complex challenges and constantly research industry trends and technologies
- Provide project management and client relationship support
- Actively participate in defining project scope and objectives
- Provide technical design, development and quality assurance for advanced analytics development
- Present and communicate project deliverables/results to clients and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Innovate and develop new solutions to be delivered to clients
- Function as integrator between business operation needs and advanced analytical solutions
- Lead or support pursuit teams
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process including proposal pricing
Ideally, you'll also have
- 5+ years of experience (or 7+ years for a Senior Manager) with SAS, R, Python, SQL, Alteryx
- Solid understanding of advanced analytics (statistics, simulation, optimization, etc.). Modeling expertise using statistical techniques such as logistic and linear regression, decision trees, machine learning, neural network or clustering techniques
- At least 2 years' experience with big data platforms (Microsoft Azure, Hadoop Cloudera, etc.)
- An ability to manage high performing technical individuals, including data scientists, data engineers and data analysts
- A keen interest in understanding and solving problems
- People and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines on multiple client engagements
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree qualification in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial science or related field of study
Who are Transaction Advisory Services?
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience (this may include a finance, strategy or analytics role within a large organisation or another modelling consulting or economics environment)
- Experience with Visualisation tools Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire or another visualisation software
- Sound knowledge of financial, commercial and accounting concepts
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews
- Proven experience in business development and/or proposal development in support of related specialty area s
EY's Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) division offers strategic corporate clients and private equity client's professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic corporate objectives. Within TAS, Learn more about TAS here What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - EY flexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $110,000 including 9.5% superannuation .
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.