Data Visualisation Specialist, Financial Services Risk Advisory - Sydney
- Variety of work and career development opportunities
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We're looking for a Data Visualisation specialist to join our team! A person who is passionate about delivering insight through visualising data. A person who understands that the user experience (UX) should extend to all people within an organisation not just end customers. A person who thrives on sharing knowledge and actively seeks to train and educate others on improving how data is accessed and presented to decision makers. You will be part of a specialist risk data and analytics team with links into the broader EY D&A community. This is a key role supporting analytics and broader risk management offering to our financial services clients. You can expect to work with top tier clients across insurance, banking, wealth/ asset management and superannuation.
The role is offered is full time or part time and there are a variety of flexible working arrangements available. Sponsorship is also an option. Key Responsibilities
Skills and Attributes for Success
- You will be responsible for spreading data literacy and enthusiasm for data visualisation
- You will design and develop dynamic dashboards/reports and interactive visualizations utilizing various reporting components from multiple data sources
- You will identify opportunities to automate, optimize performance, consolidate and simplify dashboards
- You will continuously look for innovation data visualisation solutions using new tools and technology and contribute to thought leadership at EY
- You will educate and train your colleagues and clients to build reports, dashboards and connect to data while also providing visual best practices and design guidance to achieve data-driven decisions
We are looking for people who have most of the following skills and experience and/or have a willingness to learn. Unicorns are welcome.
Ideally you will also have
- 5+ years of hands-on reporting design and development experience using one or more tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, ThoughtSpot, Spotfire, MicroStrategy, Houdini
- Intermediate SQL / data preparation skills are essential with additional programming in languages such as Python, R, Java, HTLM etc. an advantage
- Experience with large data sets, analysing data, extracting relevant information and producing actionable and effective reporting dashboards and visual solutions user-friendly reports for a diverse set of users
- Proven capability and desire to develop junior staff, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, data engineers, data scientist and analysts
- Project management skills and experience managing multiple projects
- Proven experience in collaborating with data engineers, analytics, reporting professionals and data scientists generating actionable insights
- A risk mindset
Who are FSO?
- Experience on a cloud based big data platform such as AWS and Azure
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional communication, documentation, project management and presentation skills
- Insurance, Banking and Wealth Management experience an advantage but not essential
- Risk management experience an advantage but not essential
- Experience in (or a willingness to learn) how to performance tune dashboards/ reports and apply security roles
- Experience in (or a willingness to learn) design thinking, prototyping, wire-framing, and other design tool s
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high-profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO Advisory can take you! What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider. Regarding these opportunities, the minimum salary for more junior positions is $65,000 including 9.5% superannuation .
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation .