Data Visualization & Automation Analyst, Assurance Technology - Sydney
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
- Supportive mentoring and on-boarding programs to help set you up for success
The use of data analytics and automation is a key focus of EY's Assurance practice and an integral part of the audit services we provide to our clients. The APAC Assurance Technology team collaborates with Assurance client facing teams and Global IT to deliver strategic technology solutions for a wide range of clients which include the Data Delivery program. The program focuses on centralizing the process to request, capture, transfer, transform and prepare client data for analysis and delivery of assurance output and insights. The opportunity
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career opportunity in a dynamic team, based in Sydney. The successful candidate will be an experienced analyst and have a reporting line to the APAC Data Delivery Lead in Sydney. The APAC Assurance Technology Data visualization and automation analyst will be responsible for strategic and operational elements of the data delivery environment across Asia-Pacific. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Understand the APAC Assurance Data Delivery Program, and strategic business objectives
- Prepare concise data reports and data visualizations for stakeholders that will help in decision making processes
- Keep track of trends, patterns and correlation in case of business processes
- Prepare dashboards and data visualizations for internal projects
- Analyse the end-to-end business process highlighting areas for improvement through automation
- Able to conduct business process reviews and analysis, and recommend process improvement through automation
- Able to understand business problems, identify needs and respond through innovative and practical solutions
- Design and develop automation solutions (not mandatory but highly beneficial)
We're looking for people with Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) skills OR someone that might have studied software development, information systems, Robotics Process Automation, computer science, artificial intelligence or something similar.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Tertiary educational qualification
- 1-2 years of related work experience in administrator/coordinator or project related role
- Relevant knowledge of data analysis and strong analytical skills in related software e.g. MS Suite, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Outlook
- Primary experience as a Data engineer or Business Analyst or a Programmer within the data and analytics space
- Exposure to data, data environments, databases, large data sets
- Data visualisation experience - Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBi etc.
- Experience in RPA development using tools such as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UIPath and Alteryx
Who are Assurance
- Experience in a professional services firm (however not essential)
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/au/aboutassurance What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation .