Desktop Support Engineer
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 23 Sep 17
Desktop Support Engineer
Are you ready for your next challenge?
We have a vacancy in our Sydney office for an enthusiastic person who possesses the skills to work well in a complex environment as part of our ANZ regional team. In this role, you will be the key person providing desktop support for local users as well as assisting other members of the team in the region. When needed, you will be expected to help the infrastructure team in supporting the core IT infrastructure.
If you are computer-savvy and enjoy supporting end users, we'd like to meet you. To succeed in this role, you must have an excellent customer service attitude and strong problem-solving skills. As a member of a small local support team reporting internationally you will need to be a self-starter and require minimal supervision.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing day-to-day support of the users and address tickets regarding the environment. Help install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems.
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions, conduct remote troubleshooting where required, and follow up with clients to ensure issues have been resolved
- Where required, assist with administering aspects of the back-office IT infrastructure and network
- Maintain the corporate security posture and policy enforcement; assist the regional patching team to ensure systems are protected
- Purchase desktop equipment and liaise with vendors
- Assisting in the implementation and support of IT projects and new technology developments.
You will require skills or experience in the following as a minimum:
- Proven Help Desk and Desktop Support experience in a Microsoft environment including knowledge of mainstream "back office" applications. Useful to have MAC/Unix skills.
- Experience with security and data integrity management tools; knowledge of network security practices; experience with anti-virus programs, SCCM, Big Fix, WSUS or similar patching tools would be advantageous.
- Good overall knowledge of local area networking and associated systems
- Excellent people skills and customer-oriented attitude with the aability to communicate at many levels: - user, technical and managerial
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills, ability to work under pressure
You must have:
- A minimum of two years relevant experience; proven IT certification level skills such as MCP/MCSE or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Experience of IT systems in a Microsoft environment and knowledge of mainstream "back office" applications in a corporate environment
- Experience interacting with users and hardware/service providers and an understanding that the nature of the role will require out of hours work.
This role would suit someone with Help Desk Administration experience wanting to move to the next level.