See job description for details
Permanent DevOps Manager opportunity working for a Big 4 Bank
Your new company
You will be working with one of the Big 4 Banks based in Sydney which offers an exciting opportunity of a permanent role.
Your new role
As part of the Analytics &Information Operations team, your team will manage a portfolio of critical applications and data services used by internal and external customers. The team will provide technical support for crucial systems such as but not excluded to; Group Data Warehouse, Hadoop Platform, Datastage, Tableau, Teradata and Pega. The team also functions as a service integrator between the various Application Service Providers, and between Infrastructure Service Providers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Drive the operational delivery such that the services are provided in a consistent and reliable manner to the Bank and its customers within agreed service levels
- Develop team leadership skills including team motivation, process reviews and performance management
- Lead by example - have vision, ideas, energy and the courage to make changes that are required
- Responsible for the operational delivery management of the production, disaster recovery and controlled environments for a specific portfolio of applications
- Responsible for the communication out to service managers, service owners and business stakeholders upon request from the service owners in the event of high priority incidents (HPIM P1, P2 and P3 where the business impact is a B3 or above)
- Responsible for changes, incidents, problems & corrective actions and provide 24/7 escalation point to Lead, coordinate and communicate recovery of the service interruption (when required) for the applications in the relevant portfolio
- Involvement in any audits of the services within your control, and managing any subsequent follow-up activities
- Oversee the integration of services from multiple application service providers, monitor service provider compliance with operational policies and processes, and escalate issues of non-compliance as appropriate
- Provide advice and support to Service Managers and IT Commercial Managers to ensure SLAs, SLOs and financial targets and results (Service Delivery Components) are achievable and adequate
What you'll get in return
- Experience as a technical lead in an IT environment.
- 5 years + experience in managing day-to-day technology operations
- 2 Years of experience in people leadership with direct supervision including vendor management
- Expertise in Unix environment (Min 3-5yrs) Working Experience with Ansible.
- 2 Years of Experience in Docker maintenance.
- Working Knowledge of Pega and Java Programming.
- Sound Exposure on Devops Tools like Appdynamics, Splunk, Teamcity, Jenkins, Kibana, GitHub
- Working experience as a sysadmin with RHEL or CentOS.
- Knowledge of APIs and CI/CD principles.
- Detailed knowledge of systems management processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Service Management and Delivery
- A strong understanding of operational disciplines
- A strong technology understanding in disciplines relevant to Application and Platform capabilities
- A sound understanding of version control and a basic understanding of software engineering.
- Experience with fast-paced, agile, cross-discipline projects is a hallmark of IT professionals in this sector so success in such environments will do you in good stead.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Karla Mortel on 02 9249 2209 or email@example.com for further information. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. LHS 297508