Digital Transformation Lead - Risk
Some career choices have more impact than others
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Design, Digital and Delivery (D3) team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-past implementation of our Customer Strategy.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, ideating on how to improve, designing and testing prototypes, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people. As the Digital Transformation Lead- Risk your main responsibilities will include:
• Co-ordinating initiatives across four sub-streams, to deliver to the risk management and customer metrics of the stream.
• Collaboratively managing the Digital Transformation Managers, so that they effectively delivery to the stream-level targets
• Escalation and decision making on cross stream dependencies
• Resource planning and performance management of all streams in scope, and Digital Transformation Managers
• Ensuring that all streams deliver initiatives, and are progessing them through the delivery life cycle within the Design Thinking and DX framework
• Ensuring all streams have a clear plan, and managing co-ordination of those plans where interdependencies across streams exist
• Participating in engagements and activities to manage the streams, including managing Stream SteerCos, Working Groups, Huddles, Strategic Planning sessions, Alignment sessions, and participation in showcases and other forums
• Leading cross-stream prioritisation and decision-making with senior stakeholders
• People management, in collaboration with community leads, to effectively manage resourcing and performance management and development for people across the streams the stream, including business resources, digital transformation resources and tech resources.
• Supporting all members of the streams in delivering and collaborating effectively Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Experience in regulatory, compliance & remediation projects, and an understanding of the specific pressures and considerations they pose
• Delivery experience in complex projects/programs; and the ability to jump in the detail if a specific project needs support
• Advanced stakeholder management & leadership skills; ability to engage at all levels and bring a broad team together (without direct line reporting)
• Strong planning skills; balance capacity against demand, connect plans and resource to execute, meet hard deadlines
• Strong governance; manage issues, risk & constraints across the value stream and support any escalations
• Experience in portfolio management; planning, development and implementation as well as standards and procedures
• Experience of managing programmes of work within the risk domain of financial services is required.
• Over 5 years' experience working on risk-related initiatives, including Risk and Control initiatives, Regulatory and Remediation programmes, and other initiatives to protect customers within financial services.
• An effective working knowledge of retail banking regulations in Australia.
• Proven record in delivering digital transformation for 10 years +, with experience across both digital change and transformational change.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions Learn more about careers at HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.