Digital Workplace Services Sales Leader
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let's talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Join our expanding team
- Help solve client's most valuable problems
- Permanent position, based in Sydney
IBM's Global Technology Services is looking for strong sales leaders to join our digital workplace services team based in Sydney. You will be is responsible for selling both project and managed services contracts to Australia and New Zealand clients. You'll work within a defined territory aligned across 5 market verticals and will be responsible driving pipeline, coordinating with GTS business partners and local account leadership. What will I be doing day to day?
What skills, experience and expertise do I need to apply?
- Effectively communicate the capabilities and value of our digital workplace services solutions at both the technical and executive levels within our clients organizations
- Lead negotiations with clients as the subject matter expert for digital workplace services as part of our deal team
- Establish overall sales strategy needed to gain client commitment to execute services agreements with GTS
- Drive a disciplined process of pipeline development across white space and existing accounts in an effort to ensure enough to meet or exceed sales plan
- Develop solution and pricing strategy needed to meet client requirements, provide business value, and differentiate GTS from its competitors
- Drive pricing and proposal development including the creation of statements of work
- Develop and lead the execution of effective sales strategies to convince clients of the business value of GTS proposal while providing clear differentiation over the competitors.
- Effectively leverage database and research tools to assist in engaging prospects and customers: salesforce.com, LinkedIn etc
- Drive participation in global or territory ibm events, including conferences, sponsored events, webinars, regional events.
Preferred Technical and professional expertise
- 5+ years of sales experience in a quota carrying solutions sales role
- 2-5+ years of experience focused on digital workplace solutions
- Competitive knowledge of the desktop virtualisation market and alternative solutions
- Working knowledge of end user computing and device lifecycle management processes and supporting technologies
- Previous experience in selling desktop virtualisation (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft), end user computing i.e. Lenovo, Dell, Apple and HP, managed mobility and modern device lifecycle services, digital experience management, and omnichannel service desk contracts.
- Proven ability to develop sales strategies and provide subject matter expertise within a larger deal team in a highly matrix environment
- Track record of working effectively with it executives across business and finance disciplines, ability to develop effective value positions that align with client requirements and business strategies
- Ability to monitor customer buying trends, market conditions and competitor actions to adjust strategies and achieve sales goals
- Ability to analyse past sales data and team performance to develop realistic quarterly sales goals
- Proven ability to work with digital workplace partners to facilitate communication and deliver personalised solutions to customers.
Experience selling with:
Sign me up!
- Citrix workspace or VMware workspace one
- Modern management of workplace environment
- Relevant industry certification
- Building vendor / partner management experience
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers IBM welcomes, includes, values and respects everyone. We celebrate diversity in all forms. Our culture is rich and intentionally inclusive.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Australian citizen or Permanent Resident