Director/Associate Director, Infrastructure & Utilities, Industry Analytics and Insights
The Business Unit
- Director or Associate Director level
- Sydney Based
Industry Analytics & Insights ("IA&I") is responsible for high quality origination and delivery of best-in-class customer and industry insights to differentiate our sales proposition, and portfolio risk management providing robust analysis to support and deliver sustainable great credit decisions, within a wholesale banking environment.
IA&I consists of specialist teams who manage Corporate & Institutional customers within defined industry verticals and/or sub sector hubs which are structured to optimise industry and customer expertise and insight globally, while embedding decision making and aligning analyst resourcing to appropriate complexity. The leadership is responsible for creation and maintenance of a framework to ensure genuine collaboration and information sharing and continuous improvement in processes and practices for customer and industry risk management. The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual with strong credit risk and interpersonal skills, and good Industry knowledge across the sector to join the Infrastructure & Utilities, Industry Analytics & Insights team in Sydney.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure & Utilities, IA&I the primary responsibility of this credit analyst role is to efficiently manage a portfolio of Infrastructure & Utilities clients, including the origination process for new transactions and the ongoing monitoring and management of the client portfolio as the primary credit analyst. The successful candidate would also collaborate and work closely with analyst peers, Relationship Managers and various Product areas to help initiate and structure a range of banking transactions.
You will also be responsible for the development of sector policies and working with the Industry Head to grow and expand the existing portfolio within the current Risk Framework. A key focus of this role is having an in-depth understanding of the industries your clients operate within, and utilising your industry knowledge and expertise to deliver value added insights and research that can be used by both our customers and internal stakeholders.
Your success in this role will rely on your ability to quickly review, digest and contribute to complex credit analysis and transaction structuring. In addition, you will need to have strong advocacy skills and be able to influence key decision makers through your demonstrated understanding of both deal specific and industry risks.
Your main responsibilities would include:
About You -
- Build relationships and establish rapport with both clients and internal stakeholders;
- Ensure that all aspects of the credit process, including the required due diligence, are properly executed;
- Test proposals against approved business and credit strategies, target market acceptance criteria and underwriting standards;
- Write credit submissions including detailed risk analysis and financial forecasting, and be able to present and negotiate submissions through WIB's risk management decision process;
- Determine the suitability of proposals, including acceptability of credit risk and structuring for final approval by a Credit Officer;
- Use a strategic vision to provide an overall perspective of the industry sectors and create long term view;
- Bring your deal experiesnce and/or depth of industry knowledge to lead and develop the team's overall expertise.
to be successful you will have the following:
- At least 5 years' experience in institutional banking credit analysis;
- With a number of years specialising in the Infrastructure & Utilities sector, or extensive experience in the Renewable Energy sector;
- Strong communication and influencing skills required to manage significant relationships with stakeholders;
- Extensive experience applying a risk mindset and commercial acumen;
- Strong attention to detail and operational expertise.
- Strategic selling experience would be beneficial.
Westpac Group has market leading employee benefits, financial product discounts, wholeheartedly supports Inclusion in the workforce (and we really mean it too), and believes work is something you do and not somewhere you go. Westpac is committed to creating flexibility for every employee so please talk to us about how we could make this role work for you.