Director - Risk Strategy & Governance
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 25 Apr 18
See job description for details
- Build a long term career across the broad areas of our business
- Exciting opportunity to enhance your skills and develop your consulting skills with a high-calibre team of professionals
- Collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts
Located within KPMG's Audit, Assurance and Risk Consulting Division, KPMG's Risk Strategy and Technology team is the advisory team of choice for some of largest and leading financial institutions globally. We provide a wide range of risk management services across the financial services, corporate, and government sectors. Our clients include the leading banks, financial institutions and financial services companies operating in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region, government agencies, and corporates in Australia.
We are looking for an exceptional Director to join our team in the Sydney office.
Your new role
As a Director, you will:
- Lead business development pursuits across sectors including: building business relationships, leading business development activities including tenders, delivering presentations and contributing to the development of the Firm through exceptional networking skills and effective identification of any potential business opportunities
- Manage a portfolio of clients across the Financial Services sector focusing on designing, implementing and enhancing enterprise risk management frameworks
- Manage the overall scoping, execution and delivery on a variety of projects
- Assist senior management with providing expert advice across various risk management frameworks and models
- Assist in developing and refining our tools, templates and methodologies in a continuous learning environment
- Manage client deliverables and expectations
- Previous Business Development experience - previous professional services experience with demonstrated sales experience
- Significant experience in project management including leading teams to deliver success client outcomes
- Experience across all enterprise risk management dimensions preferred
- Experience in statistical packages such as SAS, R, Matlab and VBA beneficial but not essential
- An ability to solve new and technically challenging problems, either independently or as part of a small team
- Current or prior Big 4 / Consultancy experience highly valued
- Strong ability to analyse information quickly using innovative solutions to solve complex problems;
- A tertiary qualification (post-grad qualifications such as CIA/CPA/CA will be viewed favourably)
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 22 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time