Director Communications GTM, APAC
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Alliances & Channels Job Details
The Salesforce Communications Products & GTM Leader is the eyes and ears of product and GTM in the ANZ market and the voice of the region back to our product and GTM organizations. This leader ensures that we are growing our business locally by helping our field teams develop a deep understanding of common communications industry use cases and can properly position Salesforce Communications products and solutions. This leader ensures that Products, Marketing, Enablement, Sales, Solution Engineers, Industry Advisors, Industry Business Development and other stakeholders are all aligned and executing our communications growth strategy.
This leader can serve as a trusted advisor to customers when a product voice is needed and as a conductor ensuring that the Industry Orchestra is attuned to the local market. This leader's main goals are to grow ANZ Communications ACV & AOV, to help mitigate customer churn, and to identify key local requirements (capabilities, compliance, solutions) that should be considered by the Product team for future releases (VOC, co-design, compliance standards, etc).
The Salesforce Communications Go-to-Market Leader for ANZ requires a strong understanding and point-of-view of communications industry trends, a strong understanding of communications industry BSS and enterprise software, and a strong talent for positioning and messaging. The role will also engage frequently with customers and alliance partners and launch new Salesforce Industry Cloud products and solutions to market, supporting local sales readiness, enablement, and business development.
The ideal candidate brings significant experience at an enterprise software company selling BSS (Business Support Systems) to communications service providers. It is also critical that the candidate have a clear understanding of Salesforce's solutions and capabilities for this market and the ability to articulate our industry vision to a C-level audience.
A key requirement for this role will be collaborating closely with key stakeholders (e.g. products, sales, marketing, customer success, alliances, industry business development, industry advisors, etc) to jointly define and drive local GTM strategy and execution - including industry narrative, sales play prioritization, partner engagement, and thought leadership.
Responsibilities will include:
- Represent the Communications Cloud products team in meetings with customers, prospects and partners (e.g. position industry product capabilities, share product updates and capture product enhancement requests).
- Define core industry solutions and insights to offer Operating Unit teams in ANZ
- Collaborate with Industry Marketing in the creation of industry go-to-market assets - points of view, sub-verticals, and thought leadership
- Represent Salesforce at key industry events as an industry expert and speaker
- Influence industry product roadmap with industry priorities & requirements - perform detailed strategic analysis and gather industry-specific requirements from ANZ customers
- Partner with Product Management and Industry Marketing to launch new industry clouds and solutions in region
- Influence marketing campaigns with industry thought-leadership
- Guide the creation of industry-specific demo assets supporting strategic solutions
- Collect competitive insights and collaborate with competitive strategy teams, regional operating unit leaders and product management to develop competitive positioning documents for field enablement.
Your Impact - How you will execute:
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with regional leadership (eg. sales, enablement, marketing) to support the development of the GTM Business Plan, including target accounts (sub-verticals, sizes, and regions), marketing strategy, and programs to achieve target revenue growth
- Collaborate actively with Products team to understand Salesforce Communications products and roadmaps at depth, and champion product enhancement ideas captured from local customers, partners and prospects.
- Partner closely with Industry Marketing in development of industry positioning and messaging for existing Salesforce Clouds as well as industry-specific products
- Successfully bring together a virtual cross-functional team, including Industry Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering, Field Marketing, Product, Alliance and ISV teams to develop and execute the Communications Cloud Business Plan in ANZ.
- Collaborate with selected systems integrators and software partners in defining joint solutions, building awareness, and executing demand gen campaigns.
- Influence overall messaging, positioning and Salesforce presence at strategic external and internal marketing events in region
- Work with local marketing and enablement teams, guiding the content for sales training, field enablement, external messaging, and development of marketing campaigns
- Be a thought leader in the industry and evangelize the value of Salesforce
- Help Salesforce Communications exceed its annual ANZ ACV & AOV targets
- Collaborate across organizations to build sustained pipeline >3x ACV targets
- Help Salesforce Communications maximize ANZ customer satisfaction scores and mitigate customer churn
- Industry Experience: The role requires 7+ years of industry expertise working in, selling into, or consulting and implementing technology for the Communications Industry
- Well-versed in Salesforce Communications industry BSS software and sufficiently technical to deliver product roadmap updates and provide actionable product requirements
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams, and business units, with a variety of experience levels and competencies; exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Experience supporting digital transformation programs with communications service providers
- Strong writing skills and presentation skills in both small and large-scale settings
- Strong orientation to detail and quality
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and crafting compelling positioning, thought leadership content, and sales assets
- Ability to travel ~ up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.