Director, Infrastructure Coverage
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
Lead Infrastructure Coverage. Newly created role. Sydney or Melbourne based
Lead Infrastructure Coverage
- Newly created role
- Sydney or Melbourne based
This leading global financial services business is seeking to hire a new “Director Infrastructure Coverage” from either the debt or equity side of infrastructure analysis to lead the sector across Australia and New Zealand markets.
Reporting to the Asia Regional Head, you be responsible for analysing a portfolio of assigned entities as well as complex situations, data, and information, assess client’s financial projections and resolve difficult deal-specific analytical situations. You will meet with bond & equity issuers and investors on analytical matters, assisting in resolving client needs, contributing to media requirements in conjunction with other senior members of the organization. In addition, you will manage a team of 5 (Sydney and Melbourne) and lead at external client meetings. Specifically, in this role, the Director Infrastructure Coverage will:
• Act as a critical face of the Global Infrastructure Team to key stakeholders in the region, including speaking engagements and relationship management, with an enhanced focus and accountability for external outreach
• Act as an industry expert for internal and external interactions, conduct research and lead critical internal and cross-practice projects.
• Have responsibility for supporting and coaching members of the analytical team, particularly those in their specific area of expertise.
• Display strong sector expertise. Publish timely industry commentaries, and proficiently write sector reviews and thought leadership pieces. Develop and lead ideas on papers across a broad range of issues for publication in S&P journals and other publications.
• Model the leadership behaviours and coach and mentor junior staff.
• Take the lead on special projects within the Global Infrastructure Practice as appropriate.
As the successful candidate, you will have more than 10-15 years of relevant infrastructure experience, likely gained in Infrastructure Debt (project finance, credit analysis; portfolio management); Infrastructure ratings; Infrastructure focused financial advisory and investment; or potentially an Infrastructure equities analyst. It is also expected you have the required traits/expertise to represent the company in high profile forums. Your thought leadership for infrastructure and ability to present to large groups of people will demonstrate a deep knowledge of the complex aspects of the infrastructure market.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Mischa Bennett on 02 9235 9430 firstname.lastname@example.org or Patrick Everest on 02 9235 9440 email@example.com