Director, Insurance Sector, Financial Services Risk Management - Sydney
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for a Director within the Financial Services Risk Management team in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
As a Director delivering Enterprise Risk solutions in the Insurance Sector, your role will be to lead a portfolio of clients and deliver multiple engagements in these areas, leveraging EY's global network of insurance sector and risk advisory professionals.
You can expect to work with senior client personnel to lead large scale engagements and deliver high-quality client solutions. You will develop and maintain long-term relationships and networks, build and maintain a high performing team, generate new business and lead sales pursuits.
The EY Australian Insurance Risk team, works closely with the actuarial and other specialist risk teams, and are market leaders in all aspects of governance, regulatory and risk management, compliance, accountability, conduct and culture. Our clients are large multinationals, conglomerate groups and domestic insurers within the Life, Non-Life, health and government insurance sector. The team delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though enhancing business decisions using improved and effective risk management.
Our growing team of professionals come from a diverse background who are committed to being a long term trusted advisor to our clients.
The insurance CRO Agenda is one that is going through radical change. As the outcome of the Royal Commission and other industry reviews are implemented, industry rationalisation takes place and business transformational activities are delivered, there is significant opportunity for our staff to help our clients to clearly articulate their vision for better-practice enterprise risk management across the industry.
This will range from organisational culture and design, enhancement of risk appetites, flow of information and risk identification, and how companies respond to information received across the entire value chain including sales and distribution, product and operations, as well as claims handling. It is from here that companies can then be advised on specific elements of the framework in more detail, from modelling and managing specific risks to designing detailed management information, ultimately performing a full transformation programme for our clients, using all EY's advisory services.
Our objective is to be market leading on the CRO agenda and the aim of this role is to continue to build and deliver that market leadership in this area. Your key responsibilities
As a Director within the Risk team your role involves developing and implementing solutions both within the Risk service line and in collaboration with other services lines .
For business development, you will:
- Hold lead relationships with insurance CROs and their leadership team
- Lead proposals and creating tailored offerings, and taking them successfully to our clients leveraging our global network
- Lead the identification and generation of potential business opportunities for EY
- Direct pursuits for new client opportunities and growing existing valued relationships
- Draw on your knowledge and experience to create practical and innovative insights for clients, contributing to EY thought leadership
On engagements, you will:
- Manage teams, as well as senior client stakeholders and be responsible for delivering high quality results and generating effective and impactful solutions
- Provide focused and supportive leadership and training to your teams
- Be responsible for ensuring all engagement are planned and delivered within budget and on time
- Deliver engagements in line with our values and commitment to quality, consistently driving projects to completion and ensuring that work is of high standard
Within the risk practice you will:
- Establish, maintain and strengthen all internal and external relationships
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, mentoring, and leading people initiatives to empower high performing teams
We are looking for individuals who have a proactive attitude and are seeking the opportunity for personal and professional growth working within an Australian practice, leveraging and supporting our global network. Skills and attributes for success
Ideally, you'll also have
- Deep knowledge and experience of Risk Consulting. You should have relevant recent Big 4 experience (in winning and leading major risk management projects with recognised insurers. This ideally should be complemented by employment experience within the Insurance sector either at an insurer, intermediary or regulator
- Successful business development skills in shaping and winning client proposals and generating sales
- Innovative problem-solving skills with the ability to understand a client problem and tailor a practical solution right for the client
- Strong academic background with a bachelor's degree ideally business, actuarial or finance related supplemented ideally with a professional qualification
- Experience across a number of domains (executive facilitation; strategy, governance and risk management; program, project and change management; service delivery; strategic decision making; executive reporting and monitoring)
- Up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment impacting insurers and other financial services organisations
Who are FSO?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing, industry studies and client presentations
- Experience of leading teams to high quality timely delivery, actively building industry relationships and promoting a collaborative culture when working with colleagues
- You should be an inspiring and authentic leader who supports their team's career development
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO Advisory can take you! What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish
times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion )
offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our
LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third
party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $99k including 9.5% superannuation
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.